Tuesday, September 4, 2018

September 4, 2018 Brunch – New Recipe; Sautéed PPI Carne Adovado and Papas with onion, tomato and Napa Cabbage. Dinner – Sautéed PPI Carne Adovado and Papas with onion, tomato and Napa Cabbage on blue corn tortillas

September 4, 2018 Brunch – New Recipe; Sautéed PPI Carne Adovado and Papas with onion, tomato and Napa Cabbage. Dinner – Sautéed PPI Carne Adovado and Papas with onion, tomato and Napa Cabbage on blue corn tortillas

An unusual food day.  Luke and Adriana left at 10:00 and I made brunch.  I started by sautéing about 3 oz of onion and then added to it the white portion of 4 large Napa cabbage leaves halved and julienned.

I then added the PPI carne adovado and papas from my Saturday lunch at Church St. Café and then a diced tomato and finally the rest of the sliced Napa cabbage’s green tops and then three whisked eggs.

I covered the large skillet with a wok cover to steam the cabbage and cook the egg.  Then I turned it over to cook the other side.  I ate two plates full, it was so delicious.  I liked the balance of vegetable to meat, better than plain carbs adovado.

I liked the dish so well that at 5:30 I ate the rest on top of two blue corn tortillas heated covered in the microwave for 2.22 minutes on high.

The tortillas stayed moist which helped to combine the flavor of the dish with that of the tortillas.

After I finished dinner, I ate a piece of cold Clafoutis, took a nap and then went to meditate.

When I rReturned home I got into the hot tub with Suzette and then ate two slices of whole wheat bread with butter, jam, and Manchego cheese with tea, just like I used to do in Sweden.

Suzette ate PPI chicken curry and thought it tasted better today, after sitting in the fridge for two days
.
Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment