Sunday, November 6, 2016

November 6, 2016 Brunch – Steak and egg tacos.  Dinner- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions, Steamed Asparagus, and Fruit Sauce

I ate a bowl of granola with yogurt and berries for breakfast.

The at 10:00 we made steak, sweet potato, onion, and egg tacos.  Suzette heated and wrapped them in a wet tense paper towel and softened them for 45 seconds in the microwave.  I softened my two tortillas in chicken broth. Here is a photo.

We decided to make our favorite pork dish, which is a tapa from Jose Andreas Tapa Cookbook.

I  rode to Rio Bravo and back from 4:00 to 5:00.  At 6:00 we started cooking.  We sliced a Granny Smith apple and a medium yellow onion and 1 tenderloin into 1 inch thick slices.

Here is the recipe:

I wanted to make a fruit sauce so I combined candied apricots, dehydrated cranberries, cherries and prunes with 1 cup of sweet red Smugglers’ Cove wine and simmered the fruit until it softened enough to cut into pieces.  I then added 1 T. of cornstarch dissolved in ½ T. of cognac and about 2?T. of water to the fruit sauce to thicken it.

We snapped the ends of a couple dozen asparagus and steamed them.. we opened a bottle of Conti Pinot Grigio rose.

I toasted and buttered six small slices of Fano baguette and Suzette plated dinner.

Everything was fabulous tender, flavorful and filling

Because of the sweet fruit sauce we did not crave any dessert.

We watched Masterpiece Theater on PBS until 10:00 and then had a soak in the hot tub and went to bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment