Tuesday, November 15, 2016

November 15, 2016 Lunch – Salmon cake salad. Dinner – Rib steak with steamed broccoli

November 15, 2016 Lunch – Salmon cake salad. Dinner – Rib steak with steamed broccoli

Today I ate my usual yogurt, fruit, milk, and granola for breakfast.

I had a meeting with Martin De La Garza at noon.  When he called a bit before he arrived I asked him whether he wanted pho noodle soup or salad with a warm salmon cake and he said, “I prefer the salad.”

So I chopped romaine lettuce, a tomato, some red onion, and 1/3 cucumber.  He did not care for anchovies so I added lemon juice and olive oil to the green tomato chutney tartar sauce from last night’s meal to make a sweet dressing that would complement the salmon cake.  I then heated the two PPI salmon cakes from last night and placed one on each salad.

I served hot green tea and a biscochito for dessert.

At 4:20 I drove to Albertson’s and bought four lovely rib steaks weighing an aggregate of 4.53 lb.for $6.77/lb., two dozen eggs for $1.29 each, a carton of Java chip ice cream for $3.49, which, because the amount paid for those items exceeded $25.00, allowed me to purchase a 17 lb. turkey for $.79/lb.

I went home happy.

While I went shopping Suzette made turkey salad for the book club on Thursday and found a package of rice crackers.

At 6:15 we decided to cook a simple dinner of grilled rib steak and steamed broccoli served with béarnaise sauce.  I ate mine with some tzatziki.  I opened my favorite inexpensive red wine for steak, Chateau Haut Sorillon, Bordeaux Superiore ($7.99 at Trader Joe’s).

After dinner I cut into the 1 kilo wheel of Brie and it seemed to be the perfect ripeness. I ate some on rounds of toasted French baguette.

Spicy Pecans

After dinner we made Martha Stewart’s recipe for Spicy Pecans, with ½ T. of cayenne, 2 T. of smoked paprika, ¼ cup of sugar and a bit of salt mixed into two whipped egg whites and tossed with five cups of pecans and almonds and then baked for 15 minutes at 300 degrees and 20 minutes at 200 degrees.

Willy arrived at 8:00 and we decided to make him Beef fried rice with a cup of PPI rice, some of the broccoli, and the last three slices of steak plus ½ T. of fresh ginger, a dash of sesame oil, Chinese cooking wine and soy sauce.  He really enjoyed the dish.

He ate two biscochito spread with Nutella for dessert.

I joined him and finished my dinner with a shot of calvados and a couple of chocolates.

He turned on Bill Maher for us on You Tube and we watched his first post election show.  John Legend was on and said you have to call it what it was, the victory of racism.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment