Tuesday, November 29, 2016

November 28, 2016 Lunch – PPI Shrimp Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup, Dinner – Sautéed Scallops with Chard, tomatoes, garlic, onion, Mung bean sprouts, PPI lasagna noodles, sorrel, and baby bok

November 28, 2016 Lunch – PPI Shrimp Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup,  Dinner – Sautéed Scallops with Chard, tomatoes, garlic, onion, Mung bean sprouts, PPI lasagna noodles, sorrel, and baby bok

I ate yogurt, blueberries, vitamin powder, milk, and granola for breakfast.

For lunch I heated the PPI Shrimp and fish ball Pho flavored Miso soup containing wakame threads, soft tofu, white miso, chard, fish balls, shrimp, onion, and three types of noodles ( Japanese wheat Somen, bean thread, and Chinese wheat noodles).

I thawed out the six sea scallops I had bought at Sprouts last week after lunch.

At 6:00 I refreshed the guacamole with one finely diced clove of garlic, the juice of one lime, a dash of Cholulu and salt plus parts of the last four avocados.  I ate a bit of the reconstituted guacamole with organic corn chips from Costco.

Suzette called to say she was going out with the girls for dinner and would be home around 8:00.  I told her I had thawed the scallops.  She said she would eat lightly and eat some dinner when she came home.

At 7:00 I went to the garden and picked a handful of chard and de-stemmed it and cut it into bite-sized pieces. I then separated two stalks of baby bok choy into the heavy white portion and green leafy sections.  I then sliced and diced 1/8 of an onion, about ¼ cup of fresh parsley,  and sliced two cloves of garlic into thin rounds and diced one Roma tomato.

 I began cooking by adding the onion, garlic, and bok choy’s white portion to a large skillet with 1 T. of butter and 1 T. of olive oil.  I sautéed these ingredients and added the tomato and partially thawed scallops with their liquid  to the skillet and continued to sauté.  I asked Suzette to heat the puréed sorrel and added two spoonfuls of it to the skillet and then added the chard, parsley, and green leafy portions of the bok choy.  The mixture was a little dry so we added some white wine to loosen the sauce.

Finally I added ½ cup of mung bean sprouts and 1 1/2 cup of chopped up PPI lasagna noodles from last week and covered the skillet with the wok cover so the mixture would steam and heat thoroughly.  In three to five minutes more the mixture looked heated and cooked and I served it.

While I was cooking, Suzette had opened the bottle of Clos du Bois Sauvignon Blanc the Cynthia and Ricardo had brought last night and poured glasses of it.  That was the wine I added to the scallop mixture to make the sauce.

Dinner was not very elegant looking but tasted pleasant, with all of its green leafiness.

We drank glasses of the Clos du Bois Sauvignon Blanc with dinner.  It was very clean tasting with good minerality/tannins.  Thanks to Cynthia and Ricardo for such a nice bottle of wine.

The idea behind the menu was to prepare a light meal that would feature the Sauvignon Blanc with the scallops with an assortment of leafy green vegetables and I think I succeeded in that regard.

The Roadshow and baking show were not on TV tonight, so we went to bed at 9:30.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment