Friday, November 11, 2016

November 10, 2016 Lunch – East Ocean Dinner- PPI Lamb, Bulgar and Roasted Brussels Sprouts

November 10, 2016 Lunch – East Ocean   Dinner- PPI Lamb, Bulgar and Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I ate yogurt, vitamin powder, milk, diced mango, and granola for breakfast.

Then at 12:30 I went with Peter Eller to East Ocean, which is my favorite Lunch restaurant in Albuquerque.  Peter ordered Mongolian Beef and I ordered my favorite, Scallops in Lobster Sauce which comes with a side dish of Sweet and sour chicken.

The Lobster Sauce must be mixed with the rice to bind it into a mass that can be lifted with chop sticks. This photo shows the complete emulsification of the rice into the Sauce to make an edible mass.

Here is Peter’s Mongolian Beef.

At 3:45 I rode to Rio Bravo and back.

When I returned a bit before 5:00 Suzette was working on the I Pad and I had been feeling depressed about the election, so went to lie in bed and read and doze.

At 6:00 Suzette awoke me, saying, “I am hungry, Let’s eat.”

We had discussed and agreed to fix the rest of the marinated Lamb for dinner, so Suzette drained the lamb from the marinade while I sliced 1/3 of a red onion into thin slices.

Suzette fetched the PPI Bulgar wheat from the garage fridge and a container of PPI roasted Brussels Sprouts and the bag of PPI cooked lamb from the house fridge.  She then got the wok and heated olive oil in it and stir fried the onion and then added the uncooked lamb, then the cooked lamb and Brussels sprouts, and then the Bulgar.  The result was a mass of warmed delicious food.  We were hungry and ate bowls of the ugly mixture because we were hungry.  We even forgot to add the tzatziki Sauce.

I opened a bottle of Famille Perrin 2013 Cotes Du Rhine Reserve.  The clean taste of the 50% Syrah and 50% Grenache grape blend wine was almost too subtle for the rough flavors of the Bulgar and lamb dish, but we both found the dish to be entirely satisfying from a nutritional stand point.  One medium bowl satisfied Suzette’s hunger and Willy arrived as I was starting my second bowl and I stopped eating it to make sure he had enough to satisfy him for his dinner.

Remember that I had added almonds and golden raisins to the Bulgar so it had lots of satisfying ingredients.

We were tired of watching TV, so we went to bed at 8:00 and read until 10:00.

Bob Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment