Friday, June 10, 2016

June 9, 2016 Lunch – East Ocean. Dinner – Picnic at the Bio Park music concert

June 9, 2016  Lunch – East Ocean. Dinner – Picnic at the Bio Park music concert

I ate granola with yogurt, milk and fresh blueberries for breakfast.

I met Rosemary for lunch at East Ocean at 1:00.  She had not been to East Ocean before.  I suggested that if she liked vegetables, she could try the Moo Goo Gai Pan, which she ordered.  I ordered my usual Scallops in Lobster Sauce with sweet and sour chicken.

I never get over how the lobster sauce combines with the fried rice to make the delicious dish.  Rosemary enjoyed her chicken and vegetables. 

After lunch I went home and worked on my new case until 4:30 when I started making a tropical fruit salad for the picnic we were going to in the evening.  I gathered the papaya, 6 mangoes, pineapple, and several oranges I had bought at Ranch Market last Wednesday.  Suzette came home at 5:15 and began helping me cut fruit and rinsed off the 18 oz. container of blueberries I bought at Sprouts yesterday for $1.98.

By 6:15 we had cut all the fruit and Suzette had squeezed the juice of several limes onto the fruit.  We put the 7 or 8 lb. of fruit salad into a plastic container and filled a Mexican basket with it, a blanket, and a plastic jug of water and drove to the Bio Park.  As we approached the ticket line a young woman approached us and offered us two free tickets, which we thanked her for the tickets and entered the Botanic Gardens.  We called Cynthia and soon joined her and Gwynn and Cynthia’s neighbor near the stage.

They had brought a vast array of food, including containers of lovely Italian salami and pasta salad, shredded chicken salad with raisins, a green salad with sunflower sprouts, green olives, bread, guacamole, beet hummus, and a couple of other items, like hard boiled eggs. We added our fruit salad to the array of items.  I tried a bit of everything even though I was not very hungry, because I had eaten a snack of chicken curry with rice before leaving the house.

The trio of women musicians named Jeez La Weez were three music professors at UNM who sang lovely close harmony and played a guitar, fiddle, mandolin, and electric bass very competently.  We enjoyed their music, but soon the mosquitoes became oppressive.  We walked to the new rose garden and Japanese garden at intermission and then left.

When we got home we watched the President’s and Elizabeth Warren’s endorsement of Hillary Clinton’s candidacy for President and lots of other political stuff and went to bed.

Bon Appetit 




No comments:

Post a Comment