Monday, June 27, 2016

June 26, Lax and goat cheese on Pita bread, a Polish dog at Costco, and Grilled Chicken thighs and Sautéed Onion and string beans

June 26, Lax and goat cheese on Pita bread, a Polish dog at Costco, and Grilled Chicken thighs and Sautéed Onion and string beans 

I rode 8 miles, then watched the news programs while switching to the EUFA Soccer match.  While the shows were on I cut two pita breads in half and toasted them.  When they were toasted, I smeared them with California goat cheese from Costco and then slices of Gravad lax and onion and a few capers.  I took Suzette’s to her in the garden where she was reading the Sunday Journal.  

At 10:00 Suzette and Willy went shopping for stuff for his apartment and they returned a little after noon.  We were hungry,  so we drove to Costco to eat.  Willy and Suzette ate pizza and I had a polish dog with all the condiments, relish, mustard, and ketchup and chopped onions with lemonade.

Then we bought Willy a toaster, a Britta filtered water pitcher, a message board, a tea kettle, and a few small items for his kitchen, such as dish soap and sponges.  Earlier in the morning Suzette and Willy had selected a 6 foot high rack, a bar stool, a kitchen rack, and a small book shelf.

After we shopped at Costco we went to Willy’s apartment at 205 Silver and unloaded all the stuff and spent several hours assembling everything.  Also Suzette strained the bed frame that Robin gave Willy for his bed.

Finally, we went home around 4:30.  Suzette was tired from her day of shopping so I volunteered to fix dinner, which means that I plan the menu and start the prep and then Suzette helps cook dinner.  I defrosted eight chicken thighs in the microwave and we decided to put a paprika rub on them and grill them and then finish them in the oven. We are running down on vegetables and are carbohydrate adverse so I decided to sauté onion rings and string beans with garlic.  I de-stemmed the green beans and blanched them in some water with a sprig of fresh mint.  I then sliced a yellow onion and two cloves of garlic and put them into a large skillet.  Then after a few minutes I added the string beans.  

The propane ran out but the chicken was almost cooked so Suzette cooked the chicken in the microwave for 5 minutes more.

I opened a bottle of Nessa Albariño and chilled the glasses of wine with ice, put out the mint sauce,  and we had a wonderful dinner.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment