Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 22, 2016 A perfect Day of Food. Breakfast yogurt, mango, and granola Lunch Grand Buffet in Las Cruces, Dinner Curried Chicken Sandwich

June 22, 2016 A perfect Day of Food. Breakfast   yogurt, mango, and granola   Lunch  Grand Buffet in Las Cruces,  Dinner  Curried Chicken Sandwich

 Had to drive to Las Cruces for a hearing today and back.  I made a breakfast of yogurt, mango, and granola with a splash of milk.  I then packed a few things for the road, such as a bag of seedless red grapes, an apple, a sandwich on two pieces of German sourdough rye  Landsbrod with mayo curried chicken Willy had made, a bag of corn chips, a plastic container of pumpkin sprouts, and a bottle of water.  I never make a trip without packing some food.  

I left at 7:45 and arrived in Las Cruces a little after 11:00.  I met Sammy and Scott at the Chinese Grand Buffet for lunch at 11:30 after getting lost for a few minutes.  I decided to try to eat intelligently.  I started with a small salad of iceberg lettuce, tomato wedges, croutons dressed with thousand island dressing and filled the rest of that plate with five pieces of salmon sushi and three tofu bags, two stuffed with seaweed salad and rice and the other with imitation crab and a cone of nori filled with seaweed salad and rice.

I also filed small bowls with wasabi and soy to dip the sushi into.  After the salad and sushi I got three gyoza  and a bowl of dipping sauce.

I then finished lunch by eating two bowls of miso soup.  Since I dipped the soup, I made sure to get lots of tofu and Wakame.  I added some mushrooms from the hot and sour soup that did not taste very good because they were covered with red pepper. I also added some interesting rice balls filled with meat floating on a clear broth.

The next and last bowl of soup I  again loaded with tofu and seaweed to and added a rice ball.  

Then I stopped.  The hearing started at 1:30 and went until 4:30.  As the hearing went on I felt better and better.  I deposited a check as I drove out of town a few minutes before 5:00 feeling better than I had all day long so drove back to Albuquerque, arriving by 8:00.  On the way home I ate some grapes, few sprouts, and the bag of corn chips.  When I arrived home I ate the curried chicken sandwich with the last of the sprouts and a beer.

I ate good quality food and did not over eat.

I felt like it was a good day of food.

Later in the evening I ate a few spoonfuls of chocolate ice cream.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment