Monday, February 1, 2016

January 31, 2016 Lunch – Ming Dynasty, Dinner – Crab Sautéed with Penne, asparagus, onion, garlic, and zucchini in cream sauce

January 31, 2016 Lunch – Ming Dynasty, Dinner – Crab Sautéed with Penne, asparagus, onion, garlic, and sugar snap peas in cream sauce

For breakfast I toasted three small slices of French baguette.  I smeared Pica goat cheese on one, Licet on one, and 
Lime Marmelade on the third and ate them with lychee tea.


We drove to Great American Car Wash to clean the car after a muddy weekend in Taos.  I was a little hungry after the car wash and drove us to Ming Dynasty for Dim Sun.  I ordered my favorites: steamed buns stuffed with BBQ pork and shrimp dumplings.  As the dessert tray came by, we passed on desserts until we saw a plate with two fried quail.  We loved the small fried birds.  

Then we went to Total Wine, where we selected 15 bottles of wine at a 20% discount, plus a bottle of sake and a bottle of scotch for $208.00.

Here is the list of purchases: 



At around 6:00 we decided to use PPIs to make dinner.  I chopped onion, garlic, sugar snap peas, and Suzette chopped asparagus and sautéed that with PPI penne pasta with fish stock, white wine, and then added the ½ lb. or so of crab meat and finished the dish with a dissing of heavy cream.



I drank the last of the Nessa Albariño and then opened the bottle of Chateau Le Ermitage Cotes du Rhone white blend of 40% of Roussane, 20% Grenache, and 20% of Viognier (Total Wine $11.99 discounted to $9.59).  I actually liked the clean taste of the single grape Albariño better with the crab in cream sauce.  The Cotes du Rhone seemed musty and lacking in clarity.  

A full bowl of pasta got me over my urge for chocolate and I only ate 1 Lindor for dessert.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment