Saturday, February 20, 2016

February 19, 2016 Lunch – Que Huong, Dinner – New Recipe; German Egg Noodles with Pork Confit, Onion, and Huitlacoche, Ricotta and Comte cheeses

 19, 2016 Lunch – Que Huong, Dinner – New Recipe; German Egg Noodles with Spinach, Pork Confit, Onion, and Huitlacoche, Ricotta and Comte cheeses

I drafted an Access Agreement and worked with Aaron on the Development Agreement for the Los Lunas project this morning until 11:30, when Peter Eller arrived to go to lunch.  Aaron suggested Que Huong at the corner of Louisiana at Central.

We took a table by the window so I could see the mountains and ordered.  I went through my progression of choices with Peter and we arrived at a bowl of steamed vermicelli rice noodles (bun) with chicken with a curry sauce.


I ordered my usual of Bun with fried egg rolls and grilled pork.  Aaron ordered his usual of stir fried flat noodles with shrimp in a light tomato sauce. And an order of fried egg rolls.  

Peter liked his dish. We had some discussion about art dealers and art in general and artists such as Gene Kloss.  

    

After lunch I rode to Montano and back and soon after I returned Suzette arrived and we discussed dinner.  Suzette wanted to use the pork confit.  I wanted noodles, so I fetched a partial bag of German egg noodles, while Suzette fetched the bottle of Huitlacoche, the bag of spinach from the garage, and the container of Ricotta cheese and asked me to chopped an onion.  

She then boiled the noodles (Talin $3.29), spun the spinach, Sautéed the onion, and then added 1 ½ cups of chopped pork confit, ½ cup of ricotta and the cup of Comte cheese I grated and then the boiled noodles. 


After stirring the ingredients for a few minutes, there was a creamy mass of noodles.


I poured glasses of the 2010 Marchesi Chianti Superiore.  The dinner was delicious, creamy cheesy noodles, pork, corn fungus, onions coated with with creamy cheese.  I loved it. 


It is incredible that we have had three excellent meals in one week.

Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment