Wednesday, February 24, 2016

February 23, 2016 Lunch – Three Noodle Soup with beef meatballs, spinach and salmon, Dinner – New Recipe Boiled and Roasted Potatoes, Onions, Brussels Sprouts, and Bratwursts

February 23, 2016 Lunch – Three Noodle Soup with beef meatballs, spinach and salmon, Dinner – New Recipe  Boiled and Roasted Potatoes, Onions, Brussels Sprouts, and Bratwursts

I ate granola with the PPI apples and cherries.  For lunch I made a noodle soup with rice sticks, wheat noodles and mung bean thread noodles, plus nori seaweed, sliced onion, mushrooms, spinach, about 1 oz, pork confit, 1 oz salmon with 1 cup of poaching medium, two beef meatballs, 1 large T. Red miso, 1 tsp of beef broth concentrate, 1 T. Chinese Cooking wine, 4 oz. cubed tofu, 1 tsp. of sesame oil, ½ T. Soy sauce, three egg whites.  I added cilantro and Hoisen sauce to the finished soup.  It was a little thick but very tasty.

Suzette had a Chamber meet and greet until 8:00, so I went to the law library to do research until 7:30. When I returned home I decided to make a quick dinner.

Boiled and Roasted Potatoes, Onions, Brussels sprouts and Bratwursts

I cut up three or four Yukon Gold Potatoes two onions and about a dozen Brussels sprouts and boiled them with three Frozen Bratwursts until the Bratwursts had thawed.  I then removed the bratwursts and sliced them and put them into a ceramic baking dish with 1 T. Of olive oil, 2 sprigs of Rosemary de-stemmed, 1 T. of horseradish, 1 T. of German deli musters,  and 7 or 8 Epazote leaves sliced. Alter about 30 minutes of boiling the potatoes, onions, and Brussels sprouts they softened.  I put them into the ceramic baking dish and garnished them with ½ cup of grated Swiss Gruyere cheese and baked the ceramic baking dish in the oven for twenty minutes.  The vegetables had yielded liquid and it was bubbling.  The casserole was cooked but Suzette had not arrived, so I decided there was not enough cheese, so I added another ½ cup of Peccorino Romano cheese and baked the casserole another fifteen minutes, until the Peccorino cheese melted.

Suzette came home around 8:20 and the casserole was in its final cooking phase melting the Peccorino cheese.  Suzette filled a glass with water and I poured a glass of Spanish Rueda.  

This is an example of a quick 45 minute meal from start to finish.  It is very humble fare but very tasty.  I could have added 1 sliced Apple to give it a fruity component.

Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment