Monday, February 8, 2016

February 6, 2016 Brunch – Stir Fried PPI Penne, Salmon,and Spinach with eggs, Lunch – PPI Beans and Rice and Kolbassa, Dinner – Grilled Lamb Riblets with sautéed Red Bell pepper and Zucchini and fried rice with sugar snap peas

February 6, 2016 Brunch – Stir Fried PPI Penne, Salmon,and Spinach with eggs, Lunch – PPI Beans and Rice and Kolbassa, Dinner – Grilled Lamb Riblets with sautéed Red Bell pepper and Zucchini and fried rice with sugar snap peas 

We are still trying to eat our way through our PPIs.  This morning I heated the small container of PPI stir fried teriyaki salmon, penne pasta, Palm hearts, tomato, and spinach I had made for lunch a few days ago and heated it in a wok, threw in the last PPI penne and w hen it was hot added two eggs to make a weird eggy stir fried egg foo young.  Here is the picture: 


I must say it was very delicious and filling.  

I worked on my water case and Suzette worked with Mario and a welder to set up the new gate in the garden and weld the sheet metal slats holding the bocce court together.   Also, Jose brought the door mechanism for the swinging  door and the welder welded it so Jose could install the door between my office and the TV room and touch up the door.  

Finally, when everyone had left around 2:30 we realized we were hungry and Suzette said she wanted to heat up the PPI beans, rice, and Kolbassa  sausage.  I said I would have a bowl.  We ate 1 ½ bowls to finish the PPI.  I rested for an hour and then rode to Rio Bravo.

We decided to go hear Ricardo’s band, the Lost Tribe of Mardi Gras at Tractor Brewing and decided we wanted to take boxes of food.  I suggested grilling Zucchini and the red bell pepper I had bought at Sprouts with the lamb riblets we had thawed and then went to take a shower.

When I returned to the kitchen around 6:30 I found that Suzette had diced and sautéed the zucchini and red bell pepper with some onion and also heated some fried rice and sugar snap peas and had grilled the lamb riblets.  She the packed two styrofoam boxes with those dishes andA we bagged them just like they had just come off a food truck and drove to Tractor Brewing Co. on 4th.  We arrived at 7:00 and the band was playing.  We  said hello to Cynthia and found two empty seats at a table near the dance floor.  Suzette said she would drink apple cider with dinner so I went to the bar and got samples of regular Apple cider and a dry et Yu brute dry cider.  We tasted them and the dry was way too dry and the regular had a clean taste.  I returned to the bar and ordered a regular Apple cider and saw there was a Berry cider offered so tried it. I gave Suzette the apple cider and I drank the berry cider, which was a little bit sweeter and muster with the added flavor of berries.  I liked both and had another Berry cider which I shared with Suzette although she switched to beer for her second glass.  We ate our boxed dinners with glee and listened to the 11 person band wind its way through Cajun and popular favorites, like Honky Tonk Woman and Take me to the River.  After we ate we danced a bit and listened until  almost 9:00, which was the designated ending time for the music and went home to bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment