Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8, 2016 Lunch – Pork Noodles, Dinner – Shrimp Scampi sautéed with vegetables and Israeli Couscous with turnip greens

February 8, 2016 Lunch – Pork Noodles, Dinner – Shrimp Scampi sautéed with vegetables and Israeli Couscous with turnip greens

I made a pot of noodles for lunch, today’s pot included rice, wheat and mung bean thread noodles dehydrated chicken stock, about 3 oz, of sliced pork, white miso, 4 mushrooms sliced thinly, PPI deep fried tofu and baby Bok Choy, sugar snap peas, and about 3 oz. of thinly sliced onion.  I garnished bowls of the noodles with fresh cilantro and Hoisin sauce and fresh lime juice.  

I had no plan for dinner, so when Suzette arrived at 4:00 we decided to use the PPI vegetables from last night’s Super Bowl Party to make a base for scampi.  Suzette is off carbs, so she made a sauce with carrots, Roma tomatoes, red bell pepper, garlic, and onion plus some white wine and butter.  Then she added 24 peeled heads off shrimp and the steamed sugar snap peas.  I on the other hand had ridden to Rio Bravo and back against a 10 mph head wind out of the north, so I wanted some carbs.  I made Israeli couscous with 2 oz. of butter, about 1 ½ cup water and 1 cup of couscous to which I added about ½ cup of chopped turnip greens from our garden. I drank a glass of Albariño with dinner, while Suzette drank water. 

    The shrimp scampi

     The Israeli couscous with turnip greens

  My pasta bowl of couscous abs shrimp scampi in vegetable sauce

After dinner I ate some Java Chip ice cream, while Suzette was good and ate nothing.  She also took a ½ hour walk this afternoon.  I had the joy of buying a new pump for our water well today for about $2,650, but at last we can irrigate our yard.

We watched the Antiques Roadshow and went to bed at 9:00.

Bon Appetit 




No comments:

Post a Comment