Monday, April 29, 2024

April 29, 2024 Breakfast - Pain au Chocolate and Latte Macchiato Lunch - Miso Chicken Soup with dumplings and Matzo balls. Dinner - Hamburger steaks with Salad.

April 29, 2024 Breakfast - Pain au Chocolate and Latte Macchiato  Lunch - Miso Chicken Soup with dumplings and Matzo balls. Dinner - Hamburger steaks with Salad. 


We have been eating better dinners in both the quality of the food andvthe healthiness of the meals.


Of course, we cheat and go off the diet all the time.  Today’s meals were a good example of this mixed diet.


I woke up and watched the market and I made a chai and heated a pain au chocolate for 44 seconds in the microwave.


At around 8:30 I went to my desk and sold 1000 shares of Square and shares of another stock to convert them into cash to make the loan to Earn.


Then at 10:30 I drove to Bill Turner’s and reviewed a file and then discussed a case with Bill and I think he recommended me to help the client, so a new client.


I returned home hungry a bit after 1:00 and took the chicken and vegetable mini-dumplings from the freezer.  I decided to make a combination of miso soup and chicken wonton soup.


I filled a 2 quart sauce pan 1/2 full with water and added seaweed, 1/2 shallot minced, 8 mini-dumplings, chopped parsley, two matzo balls, 1/2 carrot sliced thinly, 1 1/2 T. red miso, 1 tsp. of vegetable bouillon, and 8 oz. of soft tofu. I forgot to add dashi but swirled in an egg and garnished with green onions sliced thinly.  The result was almost like a stew. IT was thick with wonderful ingredients. I squeezed a line of shiracha mixed with hoisin and dipped the dumplings into that seasoning.



After lunch I went to bed but was prevented from napping by phone calls.


Suzette came home early and rested and then she worked in the garden.


Later I went out and dead headed dead roses and cut several new ones. I am particularly fond of the super fragrant deep red Mr. Lincoln and put one by my bed with two pink Don Juan roses.




Luke called and gave me the bad news that I was expecting that Cissie had died. She was dying of cancer, so I think she went out on a wave of morphine.


I loved Cissie and am saddened that she died.  I shall always remember as the clever gregarious person she was with me.


I weakened in the morning and it took a while for my body to generate energy, but by 5:00 I was moving without weakness.


Suzette and I had agreed to make hamburgers and eat them with salad for dinner,so when I returned at 1:15 I took a bag of ground beef out of the freezer when I fetched the the mini-dumplings.


At 2:30 when I finished lunch I checked the Market and was pleasantly surprised that Apple was up over $4.00 and Caterpillar was up over $6.00.


My portfolio had another good day up 1.37%.


By 6:00 the ground beef was almost thawed so I added minced shallot, and fresh thyme that Suzette gathered in the garden, and an egg and made three large hamburgers. 


Suzette grilled the hamburgers and a handful of asparagus that she then diced and added to the salad.  I went to the garage and fetched a wedge of Manchego and sliced several slices of it that Suzette melted onto the top of the hamburgers.  I sliced four portobello mushrooms and sautéed them with the rest of the minced shallot and some fresh thyme in olive oil and butter. I also fetched a bottle of 2021 Kirkland Chianti Classico Riserva and opened it and gathered a bowl of ice cubes to chill it and poured glasses of it while Suzette was adding the hamburgers, sautéed mushrooms, and asparagus to bowls of lettuce from our garden. We added catsup and mayonnaise to create a bit of seasoning for the steak and also use the steak, mushrooms, and asparagus as a medley of ingredients instead of salad dressing to mix with the lettuce.



After dinner we drank some cognac and ate some ice cream to ruin the effect of our great diet as we watched the Antiques Roadshow.


Suzette went to bed at 9:00 and I stayed up to watch Denver eliminate LA Lakers in the NBA playoffs and Dallas beat Las Vegas to tie their best of seven series 2 to 2 games.


It was a really sad day because my ex-sister-in-law died.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment