Thursday, April 25, 2024

April 25, 2024 Breakfast - Toasted Raisin Bread spread with peanut butter and honey Lunch - Greenside Restaurant and Book Club Dinner - Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry

April 25, 2024 Breakfast - Toasted Raisin Bread spread with peanut butter and honey Lunch - Greenside Restaurant and Book Club Dinner - Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry


Another perfect day.  Suzette awakened me around 7:30 to help her load a cabinet into her SUV.


Then I toasted two slices of raisin bread and spread peanut butter and honey on them and drank a cup of hot chai and listened to the immunity arguments at the Supreme Court. 


The argument lasted almost 3 hours, so at 10:15 I started getting dressed.


Luckily the arguments ended at 10:45 and I was able to pick up Peter and drive him to the Greenside Restaurant in Cedar Crest where we met the members of out book club for lunch.  I wanted something with carbs and protein that was not greasy, so I ordered a  Sangre de Christo Sandwich that was a Monte Christo sandwich; layers of ham and cheese with a bit of green chili on white bread sandwich bread that was then dipped in egg and milk batter and fried like French Toast. It was a lovely sandwich and I ordered a salad as my side with Mango vinaigrette dressing to be good. Others were ordering Chicken Fried Steak, which is a specialty.  Here are a couple of dishes.










After lunch we drove to Karl and Joanna’s house in Pakko for our book club meeting. This month’s book was the mysterious Case of Rudolf Diesel, who created the first efficient internal combustion engine. The diesel engine and disappeared mysteriously at the beginning of WWII.


After the meeting we were treated to Italian lemon cheese cake, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate truffles all made by Joanna.






We returned home at 4:30 and I feared checking the market because the Dow was down 375 points and Meta was down $60 when I left home in the morning, but I suffered only a mild loss because Nvda was up almost $30.00 and AppL was up almost $1.00.


I wrote a letter and then went to the kitchen to help Suzette with dinner and watch the wall to wall coverage of the two Trump cases.  Apparently David Pecker, long time friend of Donald Trump and editor of Inquirer Magazine admitted to printing untrue stories and to helping Trump to violate election laws.


I chopped garlic ginger, garlic, snapped green beans, seven stalks of asparagus, and sliced a zucchini.  Suzette brought in some garlic and Ramp leaves and I minced those and then diced 1/2 of a chicken breast.


Suzette boiled a bundle of Vietnamese rice vermicelli for 7 minutes to soften the noodles and added them to the stir fried chicken and vegetables and finally added a seasoning sauce.  The result was really delicious and we used up lots of ingredients.






I drank Chloe New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and Suzette drank Noble Vines 667 California Pinot Noir.


We watched some TV and then Denver Nuggets beat the LA Lakers to take a 3 game lead in their NBA playoff series.


We made the bed and I blogged in bed as Suzette slept.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment