Tuesday, May 9, 2023

May 8, 2023 Breakfast - Bagel and Lax Dinner - Cedar grilled Teriyaki Salmon with Rice and Seaweed Salad. May 9, 2023 - Breakfast - Bagel and Lax, Lunch - Salami Salad, Dinner - Lobster Bisque

May 8, 2023 Breakfast - Bagel and Lax Dinner - Cedar cooked Teriyaki Salmon with Rice and Seaweed Salad. May 9, 2023 - Breakfast - Bagel and Lax, Lunch - Salami Salad, Dinner - Lobster Bisque


There was leftover sliced Gravad lax and sliced onions so I toasted and spread cream cheese on two slices of bagel each morning.




Then on May 8 Suzette drove me to the Emergency Room at Presbyterian Hospital where I spent the rest of the day being examined and tested for blood clots because my right leg swole up in the last few days.  Luckily there were no clots, but I was referred to vascular surgery for the swelling in my legs.


The Emergency Room has been remodeled by adding a new wing with treatment cubicles and a new waiting room.


This has allowed the ambulances to bring the people they gather from the streets through the old Emergency ambulance entrance, so there is a far better clientele in the waiting room, which made it much easier to wait.


When I returned home at 9:30 dinner was finished and Billy and Elaine and Rebecca and Mickey were at home we had a lovely conversation until 10:15 when Elaine drove Rebecca and Mickey to their Jet Blue flight at midnight back to NYC.


Suzette made me a plate with grilled Salmon, rice, and Seaweed Salad for dinner.


At 10:30 Suzette went to bed and I took a shower and went to bed.


May 9, 2023. I tried to rest today.  I felt great. Perhaps because the prospect of a major medical issue was looming me in the face.


I ate the last of the sliced Gravad lax and some red onion slices on two slices of a Kaufman’s rye bagel with capers and chai.


I then caught up with desk work and bills until 1:00 when the EUFA semi-final match between Real Madrid and Man City began.


During the match I pedaled two miles on the stationary bike. 


I made a salad of romaine lettuce, salami, a sliced Roma tomato, a Persian cucumber sliced, two radishes sliced, goat cheese rounds, two green onions sliced, and the rest of the red onion slices.  I also melted Iberico cheese slices on a ciabatta bun and lay salami on it and drank water.  I am conscious of reducing my weight.




I napped from 4:00 to 5:00 and then at 5:30 when Suzette arrived I walked around the block.  I am feeling better and experienced no pain while walking.


When I returned I diced an avocado and about six stalks of chives Suzette picked in the garden.


Suzette was resting so I read the B.J.O. Nordfeldt Catalog until 7:00 and then watched Finding your life. This episode was a repeat, but I enjoyed it.


At 8:00 Suzette made Lobster Bisque with the leftover lobster, the lobster stock, and cream and garnished the soup with the diced avocado and chives. Lobster bisque is always special and this one was no exception.  I fetched a bottle of white Espiral Vino Verde with its slight carbonation that went well with the dinner and I drank a glass after dinner and ir was pleasant.



After dinner we watched the new Tom Hanks movie “A man named Otto”. It was an Americanized adaptation of the Swedish novel by Blackman, but captured his central thesis of the plot of the book, that we are all interdependent through caring for others.


Then Suzette went to bed and I stayed up to blog.


No dessert tonight.


Bon Appetit 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment