Tuesday, May 30, 2023

May 30, 2023 Lunch - Sandwiches. Dinner - Sautéed Bratwursts and Sweet Potato, garlic, onion, and Brussels sprouts Casserole

May 30, 2023 Lunch - Sandwiches. Dinner - Sautéed Bratwursts and Sweet Potato, garlic, onion, and Brussels sprouts Casserole 

I ate a bowl of tropical fruit salad, granola, milk, and yogurt for breakfast.


I then worked two hours to finish research and an opinion letter for a client.


At 11:00 I felt sore but forced myself to walk to the bank to make a deposit.


When I returned I made a lemonade and elevated my legs and watched News and the market.


The market lost about 1/2 of today’s earlier gain but the Dow reduced its loss by more than 1/2 and the NASDAQ reduced its gain by more than half.  It seems positive that the two indices are approaching each other because that seems to me to be a move toward stability.


At 12:30 when I returned home I made two basil Mayo and sliced tomato sandwiches on whole wheat bread and three charcuterie and slices of red onion and Gouda cheese sandwiches on toasted baguette slices spread with basil Mayo and German mustard plus green and black cracked olives and torn leaves of lettuce.




When the Market closed I checked and was pleased that my portfolio increased by 1.2% thanks in part to another $12.00 increase in Nvidia that has increased by 30% in the last week.


I was sore so I rested until 4:30 and then drank a cup of chai and ate two pecan sandies spread with peanut butter and then peeled and cubed two sweet potatoes, an onion, a pound of Brussels sprouts, and 1/2 head of garlic and put them into a baking dish.


As I finished Suzette arrived and tossed the vegetables with olive oil and salt and covered the baking dish with aluminum and baked the vegetables in a 350 degree oven for an hour.


Suzette ate some tostadas dipped into the guacamole crema I made yesterday.  We watched the news until the vegetables were baked. Suzette then sautéed three brats.  That was the basis for my menu.  We had three thawed brats that needed to be cooked and we had Brussels sprouts that are a lot like cabbage and Suzette likes sweet potatoes. So I simply created a German style dinner of brats with cabbage and sweet potatoes instead of mashed potatoes.


I opened a bottle of Pinot Grigio rose di Venezia that I had bought at Trader Joe’s for $6.99.


Suzette made a Delice sauce by whisking cream and horseradish that was a perfect complement to the brats.


So, we enjoyed another great dinner created from ingredients that needed to be used.




I still want to make Vichyssoise and make it tomorrow.


I ate a piece of chocolate halvah and two chocolate sandwich cookies with a cup of chai.


We watched the final episode of La Brea and then at 9:30 Suzette went to bed.


I stayed up to watch the news programs and blog this entry.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment