Thursday, May 4, 2023

May 3, 2023 Brunch - Mushroom, prosciutto, and cheese Omelet Dinner - Chicken and avocado Quesadilla

May 3, 2023 Brunch - Mushroom, prosciutto, and cheese Omelet Dinner - Chicken and avocado Quesadilla 


Today Suzette was sick, so no group cooking.  


At 9:00 I made an omelet for breakfast for us. It was one of the best I have ever made.  I sliced three mushrooms thinly, two slices of red onion diced, two slices of prosciutto cubed, 1 cup of cooked rice, slices of Manchego cheese and four eggs. I also toasted two slices of baguette and spread them with butter and we spread cherry preserves on them.


The omelet was thick and fluffy because I let it cook until the egg was almost completely cooked before flipping it.


I then made Gravad lax with the two slices of salmon we bought at Smith’s yesterday. I mixed 3/4 cup of salt and 2/3 cup of sugar plus a tsp. Of ground black pepper and the zest of an orange to coat the inside and outsides of the fish and lay sprigs of fresh fennel under, inside, and over the coated sides of the salmon.  I had less coating mixture than usual, so we will see how the cure goes. I cured one side from   11:00 a.m. until 9:00 and then flipped the sides.  I will cure until the other side until 11:00 a.m. Thursday.


Suzette planted herbs in the garden and reported that there were cherries and apples forming on the trees in the garden and green shoots sprouting from the grape plants. 


Suzette also did laundry and slept some.


At 3:00 when I asked Suzette if she wanted some chicken quesadilla she told me she ate the leftover shrimp scampi and that the green chili Alfredo from Saggio’s was inedible and she threw it out. I complimented her on her perception of the awfulness of the Alfredo and made a quesadilla


So I made the quesadilla with chicken, avocado, Manchego cheese, and red onion by toasting two large flour tortillas on one side and then turning the  sides in and laying the ingredients on the toasted side and then laying the other toasted tortilla on top of the ingredients and toasting the outsides with a flip that failed because the ingredients fell out of the tortilla, so it was a lumpy quesadilla with most of the filling one one side.

I drove to the bank and when I returned meditated with Todd at 4:30.


We did not eat dinner, since neither of us was feeling well.


I seem to have lost my cell phone, hopefully temporarily.


I picked up Willy at RS Sports because he had sold his motorcycle he bought for $4200 three years ago for $3,400 to the dealer.  He and I reckoned that the use of the motorcycle for three years was worth more than $800, so he was happy.  Apparently there is a shortage of Honda motorcycles, so the dealer will probably get $5,000 for it.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment