Sunday, December 10, 2017

December 10, 2017 Breakfast - Chile Relleno Casserole Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with shrimp Dinner – Sashimi


December 10, 2017 Breakfast - Chile Relleno Casserole   Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with shrimp   Dinner – Sashimi

Suzette was busy today.  She started by making a Chile Relleno Casserole using her favorite recipe from Colorado Cache Cook Book.  Here is the recipe.



This essentially is a green Chile quiche without a crust.

Suzette made the casserole to take to a luncheon at Carol Glasheim’s Casa Clara, but when she put the casserole she left to examine a Miele coffee maker to perhaps acquire a machine to use parts from.  She was not able to reach a mutually acceptable price.  When Suzette returned I was eating the small casserole she made for me with a cup of sweet lime tea.



When Suzette left for her lunch at 11:00, I decided to go shopping for food.  I started by driving to El Super, where I bought cauliflower, gala apples, a head of Napa cabbage,  and broccoli for $.50/lb., three cucumbers for $.20 each, sweet limes for $.69/lb. mangos for 2 for $.99, crema without salt for $2.17/Lb., 26-30 count shrimp for $6.99/lb., six chicken thighs for $.89/lb., and a bunch of parsley for $.25.

I then drove to Talin and went a little crazy.  We had decided to have sashimi for dinner to use the fresh daikon we bought in Las Vegas yesterday, so I thawed the two tuna steaks I had bought at
Sprouts last week for $5.99/lb. before I left home.  At Talin, I bought squid salad for $3.99 for 5.5 oz. and $2.99 for 5.5 oz. of seaweed salad.  I then bought a piece of salmon for $9.99/lb..  Then I bought a 500 Gran tub of Japanese red miso.  I then decided to buy stuff for more Noodle soups.  I bought egg noodles and bean thread noodles, fresh mung bean sprouts, and beech mushrooms.  I also bought a 150 gram bag of French Herbs de Provence for $8.95 and a box of Japanese matcha green tea powder for $7.85.

Then I drove to Sprouts to buy scallops that were on sale for $8.99/lb., blackberries for $.99/ 6 oz. plastic box.  I also bought a bottle each of red wine and white wine vinegar for $2.49 each and some more green beans for $1.99/lb.

I then went home and unpacked and watched the Cowboys beat Washington Redskins and then rested until 3:30, when I dressed to ride and rode to Rio Bravo.

When I got home I rested and watched Philadelphia beat LA.  I then started dinner by peeling and slicing daikon with the vegetable peeler.

Then I sliced the tuna steak and the piece of salmon and fetched the wasabi and pickled ginger.  Suzette arrived and wanted to steam asparagus.  I placed the seaweed and the squid salads on the table.  Suzette went to the basement to fetch a bottle of sake but it had very little left, so we decided to drink the cold sake chilled in the fridge, a bottle of Mura Premium sake’ being a Junmai Ginjo, which is the best sake I have ever bought (Total Wine $14.99).



Suzette also peeled and diced two avocados she bought on Wednesday at El Super 3 for $.99.

We had a lovely dinner.  I made a cup of green tea.









Suzette went to bed at 9:00 while stayed up to watch the Pittsburgh v. Baltimore game, which was an amazing 39 to 38 come from behind by Pittsburgh.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment