Wednesday, December 20, 2017

December 20, 2017 Lunch – PPI Posole with a fresh warm blue corn tortilla. Dinner – Eggplant in Garlic Sauce with pork I drank a cup of coffee hot chocolate for breakfast and Suzette and I prepared the Gravad Lax using the salmon filet I bought yesterday. At 9:30 I went to the bank and then to El Super to shop for the Christmas party. I bought lots of stuff. Yellow and red onions, white and blue corn tortillas, tostadas, corn chips, avocados, carrots, sweet limes, radishes, cilantro, Monterrey Jack cheese, Persian limes, 8 avocados, 6 mangos, and a piñata for Suzette’s Christmas Party in Los Lunas tomorrow evening. I arrived home at 11:30 and called Aaron and invited him over for a working lunch. I heated the posole from this last February and chopped 3 oz. of onion, and got the oregano out and sliced a couple of limes. When Aaron came we each ate a bowl of posole with chopped onion, oregano, and lime juice with a toasted fresh blue corn tortilla



I drank a cup of coffee hot chocolate for breakfast and Suzette and I prepared the Gravad Lax using the salmon filet I bought yesterday.

At 9:30 I went to the bank and then to El Super to shop for the Christmas party.

I bought lots of stuff. Yellow and red onions, white and blue corn tortillas, tostadas, corn chips, avocados, carrots, sweet limes, radishes, cilantro, Monterrey Jack cheese, Persian limes, 8 avocados, 6 mangos, and a piñata for Suzette’s Christmas Party in Los Lunas tomorrow evening.


I arrived home at 11:30 and called Aaron and invited him over for a working lunch.  I heated the posole from this last February and chopped 3 oz. of onion, and got the oregano out and sliced a couple of limes.

When Aaron came we each ate a bowl of posole with chopped onion, oregano, and lime juice with a toasted fresh blue corn tortilla.

A little after 4:00 Suzette arrived and we drove to Costco to shop for the party.  We bought a fruitcake, spinach, and a couple other items.   Suzette also got eggnog, and candy for her party.

We drove home and unpacked and I went to  meditate at 5:45.

When I returned at 7:00 we made Eggplant in Garlic sauce.
Here is the recipe from The Art of Chinese Cooking by Lo.


I sliced an eggplant, two small zucchini, ½ of a poblano Chile into long strips.  Then ai minced six or seven cloves of garlic while Suzette made the seasoning and thickening sauce.

Suzette then sautéed the vegetables in small batches in peanut oil.  Then she fried two potato latkes from Sunday’s Hanukkah dinner and wrapped them in a paper towel to allow some of the grease to drain







               

Stir frying the pork

                           Stir frying the vegetables and meat together

Then Suzette stir-fried the meat from one pork chop diced and when it had turned gray, she added the vegetables and stir-fried the vegetables and meat together for several minutes, finally she added the seasoning sauce. And stirred the dish to thicken the sauce.  The dish was delicious, slightly spicy, but very delicious.



We each drank a bottle of beer, for a lovely dinner.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment