Saturday, November 4, 2023

November 4, 2023 Brunch - Eggs and asked pork Cutlet. Dinner - Reconstituted PPI Chicken and Vegetables with Vietnamese Noodles

November 4, 2023 Brunch - Eggs and asked pork Cutlet. Dinner - Reconstituted PPI Chicken and Vegetables with Vietnamese Noodles


I was a rather strange day of food. I drank a cup of hot chocolate and ate a chocolate crepe at 8:00.


Then I made guacamole for the enchilada lunch.





At 10:30 i got hungry so I cooked two eggs and a smoked pork cutlet and a slice of onion while Willy and Liam were moving furniture out of our bedroom for the bathroom remodel.  Aaron came by with Alexi and helped a bit. 


Then I fetched the enchiladas and at 11:30 Suzette heated a Pyrex dish of enchiladas and Willy, Liam and Suzette ate enchiladas and guacamole for lunch.





When Liam left after lunch I walked to the Country Club and back and said goodbye to Willy as he drove past me.


When I returned I watched football. I was particularly impressed that Texas beat Kansas State in overtime.


I then made chocolate chocolate chip cookies with pecans, cocoa powder, and Hershey’s Chocolate syrup and Suzette helped me bake them.




We ate a few cookies and watched two great games, USC v. Washington and Alabama v. LSU.


At 6:00 I made dinner. I separated the white stalks of two baby bok Choy from their green leaves, minced a clove of garlic, diced the last 1/2 chicken breast, chopped about a dime piece of ginger, sliced six water chestnuts, and four mushrooms.


I stir fried all the ingredients except the green bok Choy leaves in my wok with some peanut and sesame oil.  When those ingredients were cooked I added the PPI Chicken, vegetables, and couscous and then some Chinese rice cooking wine and some sweet soy. In another couple of minutes I added the green bok Choy leaves.


I heated water in another pot and added dry Vietnamese rice noodles and cooked them about five minutes until they softened and reconstituted.


I then added the noodles to the mixture in the wok and stirred them in.


We then ate dinner.



I drank the last glass of Italian Filerio white wine and Suzette drank her cocktail.


More football watching after dinner until 9:00 when we watched Death in Paradise.


At 10:00 Suzette went to bed and I blogged this entry.


It was a leisurely day and the bedroom is sufficiently clear of stuff for the contractors to remodel the bathroom.


I need to clear out one more closet and I will do that tomorrow.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment