Monday, November 13, 2023

November 13, 2023 Brunch - Salami, fried Potatoes and Eggs. Dinner - Fabada

November 13, 2023 Brunch - Salami, fried Potatoes and Eggs. Dinner - Fabada 


Today was a rest day. I awakened at 6:15 and was able to see the diurnal shift at around 6:30.





I ate a bowl of yogurt with chocolate cookie crumbs instead of granola.


Then I went back to sleep until 8:30.


Suzette made a lovely one skillet breakfast with fried potatoes on the bottom, then eggs sunny side up and slices of salami.p with a hand made tortillas warmed on the stove.




After breakfast Suzette and I walked down the hill to the lake and back.


I then lay down and finished yesterday’s mega blog and worked on the hotel closing and rested until 6:00.


When I emerged from bed, I joined Suzette at the swimming pool where she was bird watching. We were soon joined by Harold.  We saw herons, egrets, coots, cormorants, and pelicans in the lake and pink breasted parrots and other colorful birds in the trees and bushes and watched the sun




We had picked several fruits that looked like lemons from a tree we passed on out walk that Harold identified as Myers lemon.  Suzette took a bag back down the hill and collected about 18 more and brought them to the kitchen where I juiced ten of them into a quart of sugar water while Suzette heated the Fabada and sautéed slices of Spanish chorizo and pork from the pork ribs we bought in Tizapan on Saturday.








Suzette served bowls of Fabada beans with chorizo and pork and pieces of toasted baguette.


Harold opened a bottle of Alma Cabernet Sauvignon red wine from Argentina.


The beans were not as large as Asturian beans and did not have as creamy a center but were fully cooked and tasted delicious because they had been cooked in chicken stock and pork and chorizo.


I ate a piece of baguette and a slice of rye bread with the beans.


Later Suzette toasted three more slices of rye bread and I spread two with Cabernet cheddar and one with goat cheese. Suzette ate one with cab cheddar and I ate the other two with the rest of my glass of cab.


While Harold and Suzette washed dishes and cleaned up around 8:00 I made two sandwiches with salami and Manchego cheese on rye bread slices for the trip tomorrow.


We retired to bed at 8:30 and watched some of the Antiques Roadshow and I blogged and we went to bed bat 9:45.


Bon Appetit

 


No comments:

Post a Comment