Tuesday, November 21, 2023

November 20, 2023 Lunch - PPI Taco Salad Dinner - PPI Cream of Mussel Soup.

November 20, 2023 Lunch - PPI Taco Salad  Dinner - PPI Cream of Mussel Soup.


I road the stationary bike and then ate a bowl,of granola, tropical fruit salad, yogurt and milk at 8,00.


I watched the Market open and listened to the arguments in the D C Court of Appeals regarding Trump’s appeal of the gag order in the January 6th trial until 10:30.


Then I completed the licensing for the Bar for 2024 and checked on CLE credits.


Around noon I heated the leftover taco salad from last Thursday and added lettuce and a diced tomato and some Cesar salad dressing and toasted a flour tortilla.




At 2:00 I checked my portfolio and it was another good day. The Dow was up over 200 points and the NASDAQ was up 159 points, extending the positive run in the NASDAQ t three weeks. My portfolio increased by 1.23% and by 5.7% since November 1.


At 3:00 I drove to Pastian’s and bought three loaves of day old bread for the turkey dressing for Thanksgiving and a loaf of cinnamon bread.


When I returned home I buttered two slices of cinnamon bread and sprinkled them with granulated sugar and heated them in the microwave that hardened several parts of the toast, but they were incredibly delicious.


Suzette arrived at 5:30 and after a bit of discussion we decided to make cream of mussel soup.


We started looking for PPIs and soon found the PPI garlic cream sauce and PPI Potage. I fetched the container of crab broth and a bottle of Felerio white Italian wine from the garage fridge and the heavy cream that was at its expiration date. Suzette soaked the mussels in Vouvray to rehydrate them a bit and then combined all the ingredients to make a wonderful cream of mussel and potato soup and added some fresh ground nutmeg.






I toasted slices of baguette and we dipped toast into the soup to moisten it and enjoyed a simple dinner combining many of our 


I ate two bowls of soup and no dessert.


Bon Appetit 






No comments:

Post a Comment