Wednesday, November 1, 2023

November 1, 2023 Lunch - Vietnamese Noodle, Chicken, and Vegetable Soup. Dinner - Stir Fried Chicken with Vegetables served with Couscous

November 1, 2023 Lunch - Vietnamese Noodle, Chicken, and Vegetable Soup. Dinner - Stir Fried Chicken with Vegetables served with Couscous 

I woke up at 6:00 and worked for over an hour on Robert’s case and then went back to sleep until 8:30.


The market was flat for most of the morning until noon when Fed Reserve Chairman Powell started his news conference.


His description of the economy could not have been better, We are at full employment with inflation moderating and interest rates beginning to fall but with a robust GDP growth.


The Markets turned positive and it turned into a splendid day.  My portfolio increased by almost 3%.


At 11:30 I began to made Vietnamese Chicken Noodle and Vegetable soup with rice, bean, and egg noodles plus baby bok Choy, onion, red miso, chicken stock, celery, green onion, and chicken.


It took about 1/2 hour to complete the soup which I garnished with mung bean sprouts, hoisin sauce, and sriracha.


I loved it and ate two bowls and still had a goodly amount left for tomorrow.


After lunch Loyda helped me clean out a cabinet in the bedroom and then 

I lay down and napped for an hour.


Then I completed a document and sent it out for comment by 4:45 and then walked around the block.


When I returned home at around 5:20 i started dinner.  I chopped five cloves of garlic, a dime sized piece of ginger and a shallot.


Then I divided four baby bok Choy into hard white stem pieces and soft green leave pieces and sliced about seven or eight small white mushrooms. I opened a 15 oz. can of whole peeled water chestnuts and sliced about half of them and added them to the mushrooms.


Suzette suggested I add some of the broiled leaks, and I sliced three small green onions.


Finally I diced about 3/4 lb. of roasted chicken breast and fetched the mung bean sprouts.


Suzette made her wonderful seasoning sauce with Chinese rice cooking  wine, sweet soy sauce, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar and corn starch mixed with water.


I first stir fried the ginger, garlic, and shallot in about 3 T. f peanut oil.


Then I added the white baby bok Choy stalk pieces.


Then I added the water chestnut slices and diced chicken.


Then I added the bok Choy green leaves, green onion, seasoning sauce, and mushrooms.


During the process I continued stir frying and turning the ingredients and then covering the wok with the wok cover to steam the ingredients for a few minutes.


Finally I added two handfuls of mung bean sprouts and turned them into the mixture and covered the wok again.


Suzette heated the PPI Couscous and I made hot green tea with the fancy tea leaves Marty and YoYo gave me when we stayed with them last April.


It was a fabulous dinner. I loved the fact that the dish was heavy on the water chestnuts.


Willy came just as we were finishing eating and ate a bowl of couscous and the stir fry dish.


Suzette and Willy drank water with dinner.


Later I ate cookies and more tea as we watched the Texas Rangers win the World Series for the first time in the team’s history.


Suzette went to bed after the game and I stayed up to blog and read,




No comments:

Post a Comment