Thursday, December 1, 2016

November 30, 2016 Lunch - Nellie's. Dinner - Turkey and Oyster Dressing with Gravy

November 30, 2016 Lunch – Nellie’s in Las Cruces.  Dinner – Turkey with Oyster Dressing and Gravy


Today was a good day.  I slept well in the Queen sized bed at Motel 6.  I awoke at 6:50, showered, dressed and ate ½ of a bagel with lox heated in the microwave provided in the room and drove to court.  I arrived at 9:00 and found out that the hearing was scheduled for 9:30, so Sammie Singh and I went back out to the parking lot and loaded a 40 lb. bag of Pecans into my car.

We had hearings from 9:30 to noon and broke for lunch.  I suggested we go to Nellies, which is among the top five rated restaurants in Las Cruces.  I love their Chile Rellenos, although today the effect of the soft fried batter coating was diminished by putting the green chili sauce on top of the chile rellenos.  As I recall the last time I ordered Chile Rellenos at Nellie’s the Chile Rellenos were laid on a puddle of green Chile, so the soft fried egg batter was still toothsome. Today there was evidence that Nellie’s is a top restaurant.  After the meal the waitress asked if everything was okay and I told her my concern about the Rellenos being covered with Stacie and she said, “You can ask for them to be fried a little more.
I asked, “Or have the sauce on the side.”

To which, she answered, “Of Course, on the side.”

A great restaurant can and will make it right; whatever your preference may be.

We went back to court at 1:30 and I made my presentation on the .Motion to Strike Scott’s participation in SSI 107 adjudicating whether any pre-federal water rights survived the initiation of the federal project, which I ended with the  quote by Aldous Huxley that Bill Turner recently sent me, “Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.”

I got a chuckle from Judge Wechsler.  Thank you Bill.

At 3:00 the hearing ended and I drove home at 3:30 after getting gas and made it in three hours, thanks to the Mini.

Suzette arrived as I was unloading the car.  We unscrewed the hoses because it was going to freeze and then we discussed dinner.  I suggested we could go out, but Suzette said, “What about a Turkey Sandwich?”

I loved the idea and in no time at all, she has warmed two plates of turkey and oyster dressing covered with gravy.  I opened a bottle of Naked Grape Pinot Noir that someone has given us.  I did not like it because it had a fairly high percentage of some other red grapes like merlot that gave it a heavy unpleasant taste to me.  I prefer the lighter colored, unadulterated taste of 100% Pinot Noir, but Suzette liked the wine, so I let her finish my glass of wine.

After dinner I drank a cup of chai and ate two chocolate chip cookies and inspected the two lovely shrimp molds Suzette has made for Thursday night’ soirée with the Palmers and Rembes and read the new New Yorker and went to bed around 9:30.

Soon Suzette came to bed also.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment