Tuesday, December 20, 2016

December 18, 2016 Dinner – Grilled Rack of Lamb, Steamed Sugar Snap Peas, and Couscous with tzatziki

December 18, 2016  Dinner – Grilled Rack of Lamb, Steamed Sugar Snap
Peas, and Couscous with tzatziki

We ate PPIs for brunch. Then I worked and a Suzette cleaned and picked a basket full of sorrel and chard and oregano and dill.

I then made tzatziki.

Tzatziki

I peeled, seeded and finely diced 1 cucumber and salted the cucumber with ½ tsp. of salt to leach the moisture from it.

I finely diced 1 shallot and added that to the cucumber.

I de-stemmed the oregano leaves and chopped them with the dill and added the approximately 1/3 cup of herbs to the cucumbers and shallot and drained the liquid that had accumulated in the cucumber bowl.  I then peeled and pressed two cloves of garlic into the mixture.

I then added about 1 cup of yogurt and stirred to mix.

I added 2 T. of  olive oil.

I then added the zest of one lemon and 1 T. of lemon juice and stirred to mix and covered the bowl with Saran Wrap and stored in the fridge to mellow.

We then went to the Pueblo center?  Suzette met Cynthia and Ricardo to dance to Soul Kitchen and I met Susan Palmer for a tour of the artifacts collection and toured the museum. I then danced awith Suzette and then Susan came to the dance floor and I rode home with Susan.
We napped a bit and at 6:30 we prepared dinner.  Suzette grilled the rack of lamb.  I de-stemmed sugar snap peas, and chopped the chard and sorrel and made couscous with the sorrel and chard and a sliced mushroom.

Couscous

I sautéed a bit of onion and the mushroom in butter, then added 1 ¼ cup water to the pot and the added slightly less than 1 cup of couscous and the sorrel and chard and cooked the mixture at moderately high temperature for a minute and then reduced the flame to its lowest level and cooked the mixture for about ten minutes  until the ingredients were cooked.  I then added another oz. of butter and fluffed up the cous cous.

I opened a bottle of La Granja 50% Tempranillo/50% Grenache red blend ($4.99 at Trader Joe’s).

The couscous was heavy with all the ingredients, like the risotto last Friday night at the Greenhouse Bistro.

We ate the lamb with mint jelly and tzatziki for a lovely meal.

Willy went home around 10:00 and I went to pick up Luke at the airport at 12:00 midnight.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment