Tuesday, December 20, 2016

December 19, 2016  Lunch – Miso Noodle soup. Dinner – Roasted Pork steak with Apple and Onion, Steamed Sugar Snap Peas, and PPI Risotto

I went to Bankruptcy Court this morning on Steve Blanco’s case and then we discussed Water rights with Bill Turner.

I returned home, met with Martin and then around 1:00 fixed a pot of noodle soup, with PPI ham, the PPI chicken stir fry dish with almonds and broccoli, and wheat and wide rice noodles and four pot stickers and a sliced mushroom. I had not eaten breakfast, so I ate the whole pot of soup, worked a bit and then napped from 3:00 until 4:30.

I took a package of pork out of the freezer and then drove to the bank and library.

When I returned around 5:00 Luke had arrived and after 5:30 Willy arrived.  I was working in my office, so Suzette took the initiative to cook dinner.  She decided to cut the pork into small chops and make our favorite tapa pork dish, which is a sauté of apple, onion in Spanish olive oil and then roasting those ingredients with sprigs of oregano and the pork in the oven and finishing the dish with chicken stock, cognac, and a bit of butter.

I de-stemmed about ¼ lb. of sugar snap peas and steamed them.  Suzette fetched the PPI risotto and couscous and heated that in the microwave.  I fetched a bottle of La Granja 100% Grenache Spanish Rose, which is the perfect wine for this dish from the basement and poured glasses of wine.  Luke had dinner plans but joined us for an appetizer plate of dinner and glass of wine, so we ate dinner as a family.

Suzette has mastered this dish to the point of being able to re-create it quickly without reference to the recipe.  I love the light fruity dish because it is so tasty and because the fruitiness satisfies my craving for dessert.  La Granja is the only 100% Grenache light rose’ that I like in Albuquerque.   It is $4.99 at Trader Joe’s.

We then watched a recent Bill Mayer interview.  At around 7:30 Willy and Luke left and I went to bed to read The Edge of Taos Desert by Mabel Dodge Lujan and soon fell asleep.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment