Wednesday, December 21, 2016

December 21, 2016. A true food Odyssey, including a San Felipe Pueblo Travel Center Breakfast Burrito

December 21, 2016. A true food Odyssey, including a San Felipe Pueblo Travel Center Breakfast Burrito

This was one of the oddest days of food I have had in a while, but it demonstrates an axiom I have to never be without food when one travels.

I ate my usual yogurt, blueberries, granola, vitamin powder, and milk for breakfast.

I the drove to Santa fFe with Luke for my 11:30 hearing.  Luke suggested we drop for a burrito at the San Felipe Puebla Travel Center.  He picked out two and I paid for them ($3.99 each).  He ate most of his and I took a few nibbles of mine.  It was a fantastically delicious burrito, full of eggs potatoes, green Chile, and sausage. I re-wrapped mine and left it on the folded down glove compartment cover when I went to court.  I let Luke out at the corner of Alameda and Guadalupe at 11:00 and we agreed to meet at the Shed at noon.

Instead of my hearing lasting 30 minutes it lasted 1 ½ hours and I did not arrive at the Shed until 1:00.  When I found Luke and Amy, They had finished lunch, but Luke was feeling sick and only ate ½ of one of the blue corn enchiladas on his No. 5 platter of two enchiladas, beans, and posole.  He wanted to take the uneaten food home for dinner but agreed to let me eat the uneaten ½ enchilada and some of the uneaten beans and posole, so I ate 1/3 of my favorite dish at the Shed for lunch.  Luke was not feeling well so I agreed to drive him to Amy and Vahl’s house, where there was wood waiting to be picked up for use in the brazier on Park Ave on Christmas Eve.

After loading the car around 2:00 I decided to drive home so I could ride my bike, because it was a warm day without much wind.  The temperature gauge in the car read 59 degrees, which is remarkable for Winter Solstice.

Unfortunately I kept dozing off as I drove home, so I ate a few more bites of burrito, which prompted my digestive system into high gear and completely awakened me from drowsiness.

I got home just before 3:00 and hit the trail around 3:20 and rode to Rio Bravo and back.  Many other hard core riders were on the trail enjoying this rare break in the weather.

I worked from 4:30 until 5;00 when I returned home and then heated the last 1/3 of the burrito for dinner, which I are with a cup of tea with lemon.  I the ate 7 chocolate cookies and a bowl of Java Chip ice cream doused with Kahlua and went to meditate at 6:15.  This is proof of my long held axiom that you should always take food with you when you travel, because food will get you through lots of unexpected events.

When I returned home at 7:40 I put on my pajamas and climbed into bed and read a few chapters of Edge of the Taos Desert by Mabel Dodge Lujan.

I also called Amy and Luke to see how he was faring and the report was not good, high fever and chills, sounds like the flu.  Luckily he is in the loving care of his mother at her house in Santa Fe.

Suzette returned from hosting her Center Christmas Party at around 8:30 and I went to bed as she went to the kitchen looking for something to eat.  I awoke at 11:30 and wrote this blog.

I shall return to bed as soon as I become tired.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment