Thursday, March 3, 2016

March 3, 2016 Lunch – Vietnam 2000, Dinner – Mapo Dofu with Dhal

March 3, 2016 Lunch – Vietnam 2000, Dinner – Mapo Dofu with Dhal 

I took my car by Jim’s Automotive for a quick check under the hood, so was very close to Sprouts at San Mateo and Lomas, where I went shopping for groceries after lunch of Bun Cha Gio with grilled Pork and fried pork egg rolls (No. 21).

At Sprouts I bought a 1 1/3 lb. piece of swordfish an 1 ¼ lb. of ground pork with green chili for $1.99/lb. I made the decision on the spot to make Mapo Dofu, so I bought an eggplant and two zucchini squash, plus vine ripened tomatoes at $.98/lb., 2 Manila mangoes at $.50 each, and green onions.  

I then drove to Jubilation and bought 2 bottles of Villa Mt. Edge for $10.99 each. 

After I arrived at home and unpacked and stored all the groceries, I rested for a few minutes and then rode to Rio Bravo and back.  I started chopping the eggplant and zucchinis, 2/3 of a small Pasilla chili, ½ onion, 2 T. each of garlic and ginger and stir fried those ingredients in a heated wok with 2 T. of peanut oil plus a couple dashes of sesame oil.  I then added the pork and 4 sliced white mushrooms and cooked this mixture over medium heat until the ingredients softened.  I the adde 14 oz. of cubed firm tofu and enough water to almost cover the ingredients.  I let them cook for about twenty minutes folding over the ingredients occasionally.  I then made a thickening sauce with 2 T. Chinese cooking wine, 1 T. mushroom soy, a couple dashes of sesame oil, 1 T. Cornstarch and ½ cup of water.  I fetched the PPI dhal and chopped some green onion for garnish. When the dhal was heated I added the thickening sauce to the wok and stirred it in. In another 3 to 4 minutes the dish's sauce thickened and we served dinner with hot tea.  I made a cup of lychee tea and Suzette made her herbal blend of eucalyptus and honey suckle tea.


We ate seconds. Another delicious healthy meal. 

Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment