Sunday, March 13, 2016

March 12, 2016 Lunch – East Ocean, Dinner – Spiced Lamb Kefta, rice, hummus, and Tzatziki

March 12, 2016 Lunch – East Ocean,  Dinner – Spiced Lamb Kefta, rice, hummus, and Tzatziki

For those who have followed my ruminations on food know, my favorite Chinese and seafood restaurant in Albuquerque is East Ocean and my favorite dish at East Ocean is SeaScallops in Lobster Sauce with sweet and sour chicken for lunch.  Today was no exception.

I had eaten granola with milk, blueberries, and yogurt, so could only eat ½ of the scallop dish.

Willy volunteered to cook dinner and indicated he wanted to prepare Spicy Lamb Kefta, so we thawed out 2 lb. of ground lamb during the afternoon.

At around 6:00 we started to prepare dinner.  Willy made tzatziki by grating ½ cucumber into about 1 ½ cups of Greek yogurt, a diced clove of garlic, some fresh mint, juice of ½ of a large lemon, and a dash of olive oil.

Then he mixed the lamb, raisins, 2 parts cumin, I part turmeric, ½ part cinnamon, roasted pine nuts, and three eggs to bind the ingredients.

 I made a cup of rice with a little chicken broth and some sumac.

I also steamed about 1 lb. of broccoli. 

Willy also made hummus with canned garbanzo beans, olive oil, I clove of garlic, a little of the liquid from the can of garbanzo beans, and lemon juice in the Cuisinart food processor. 

Willy then rolled the Kefta into balls and fried them in olive oil and canola oil while I heated 5 pita breads over a gas burner.  




We drank beer and enjoyed Willy’s Middle Eastern dinner.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment