Thursday, March 3, 2016

March 2, 2016 Lunch – Salmon Salad, Dinner – PPI Chicken Curry, Lentil Dahl, and Raita

March 2, 2016 Lunch – Salmon Salad, Dinner – PPI Chicken Curry, Lentil Dahl, and Raita

Granola for breakfast with blueberries.

I made a lovely salad for lunch with a tomato, PPI poached salmon, cucumber, Kalamata olives, mixed greens from the garden, and green onion.


I also heated a bowl of Salmon Bisque and garnished it with chopped chives.  


Before dinner we ate some of the guacamole I made yesterday with chips.

Then we heated the PPI Dahl and curry.  I ate mine with sweet lime chutney and mild lime pickle.  The pickles are painfully salty to my taste these days.  We both added raita.  I was stuffed with one bowl.  I think I may be losing weight or at least my appetite is reducing somewhat.  I am not sure if I am a moderate eater yet, but think I am getting to be more moderate. I passed on the melted cheese sandwich with the salad at lunch and simply grated ¼ cup of Peccorio Romano cheese onto the salad.

Suzette has also cut down on carbs and alcohol.

For example, we didn’t make rice to serve with the curry, which is a first.

I did eat a bit of Susan’s  Shed Chocolate cake after lunch, but that was my only transgression today.

It was too windy to ride today, but we turned some of the soil and planted peas, sorrel, taotsui, and cress in one of the raised bed gardens this morning.

It is spring in Albuquerque with day time temps in the 70’s and nights in the 40’s.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment