Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 28, 2016 Lunch – Azuma, Dinner Party at Cynthia and Ricardo’s

 March 28, 2016  Lunch – Azuma, Dinner Party at Cynthia and Ricardo’s

I went to Azuma for lunch and got my favorite, Chirashi Donburi.  Today, for some reason today, I gave the sushi chef a $1,00 tip when I handed him my order, because my waitress was away for a while.  The result was a little more care and creativity in the presentation of the food,especially the wasabi that was molded and carved into the shape of a leaf and an added slice of lemon carved decoratively.




We were invited to dinner at Cynthia and Ricardo’s at 6:00, so at 5:30 Willy and I went to the garden raised bed to gather greens, which we washed and spun.  I grabbed several tomatoes, three avocados, and a bunch of radishes.  I also grabbed a bottle of 2010 Wellington Mohrhardt Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon.  

When I arrived there was a lovely selection of appetizers on the kitchen table, including the Baba Ghanoosh from Friday’s meal, plus several wonderful cheeses, a truffle semi-soft cheese, soft 4 pepper goat,  and a smoked Gouda with raisin and nut crackers.  

The Wellington cab had a lovely flavor, soft and with the typical floral bouquet., but the finish was a little tannic, which opened up after 30 minutes.  Suzette liked the wine.  I was offered a case of it by the winery at a 50% discount, so I ordered 2 cases of it for $15.00 per bottle.  Mohrhardt Ridge is one of my favorite cabs and I am happy that there will be lots more of it in my life soon. 

Cynthia had bought three prepared Gourmet Vegetarian pizzas fro Papa Murphy’s wrapped in Saran Wrap ready to heat and serve.  Cynthia made her lovely red wine vinegar dressing for the salad and heated two of the pizzas.  Soon Suzette arrived and later Terry and Budrun brought gelato and joined Dane, Ricardo, Cynthia and me and we moved to the dining room table, where we had a lovely dinner.  For dessert Cynthia and Ricardo had bought a cherry pie from Flying Star, which she cut into slices and I added scoops of gelato to.  


We had a wonderful conversation in which we learned that both Dane and Gudrun’s fathers were scientists.  

    A group of friends at the end of a good dinner 

A pleasant evening of good food and conversation.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment