Thursday, July 2, 2015

July 1, 2015 Sautéed Pork chops with Roasted Brussels sprouts, onions and potatoes.

July 1, 2015 Sautéed pork chops with roasted Brussels sprouts and potatoes

Suzette drove to Santa Rosa and did not get home until after 7:00, so I was on my own in the kitchen.

I made miso soup for lunch.

I had bought fresh Brussels sprouts at Sprouts yesterday,  so I decided to make a roasted Brussels sprouts onion, garlic, sage, and potato casserole.  I filled a large Pyrex baking dish with the diced ingredients, tossed them with olive oil, salt and pepper, covered them with aluminum foil and put them into a 350 degree oven for an hour.  I then uncovered the vegetables and lay 1/8 inch thick slices of Muenster cheese and sprinkled smoked paprika on the uncovered vegetables and baked them another fifteen minutes.  

When Suzette arrived we simply sautéed two smoked pork chops for about ten minutes and we were ready to eat.

I love went to the cellar and fetched bottle of Nimes Rose and we ate a lovely hot dinner.

 
While the vegetables were cooking I drove to Ranch Market and bought some broccoli crowns ($.99/lb.), a lemon, limes, bananas, fresh herba  santo leaves, black beans and tomatoes.  It,is the first time I have seen fresh herba santo available in Albuquerque ($1.49).

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment