Friday, July 3, 2015

July 3, 2015 dinner at East Ocean: BBQ Roasted Duck and Stir Fried Baby Bok Choy with deep fried tofu

SJuly 3, 2015 dinner – East Ocean  BBQ Roasted Duck and Deep Fried Tofu with Baby Bok Choy in garlic sauce 

Today Suzette started construction of the bocce court by renting a bobcat which Mario used to dig out the court. 

By 6:30 the  problem that emerged was the amount of surplus dirt, which will need to be removed.  

I was not involved with the bocce court construction but instead worked on my brief in the 10th circuit.  

Suzette toasted bagels for breakfast and then I rode at around 10:00 which was a little late and hot and I got tired so I read s case in bed.

Around 1:00 we ate the PPI sashimi from yesterday's lunch at Azusa and at 1:30 we went to Lowe’s to look at lighting options for the kitchen remodel and when we came home I went sleep until 6:30 when Suzette awakened me for dinner.

We called East Ocean at 3601 Carlisle NE and determined that they were open and they had duck, so we went there for dinner.

When we arrived we were surprised to see Janis and Tom and their daughter, Courtney and her husband or friend, enjoying Lo me in noodles.  We said hello and then went to a table and ordered a BBQ roast duck with orange sauce on the side, a small bowl of rice and Baby Bok Choy stir fried with deep fried tofu.  I drank oolong tea and Suzette drank a Tsingtao beer.

Both dishes wee delicious.  The skin on the duck was crisp and the duck meat was tender.  I put  BBQ sauce on rice and loved it. The tofu had been fried until it was firm and the Bok Choy was soft.  We loved both dishes, but only ate ½ of each.  We requested styrofoam boxes and put a dish in each so we can repeat this meal again at home.

The price for the ½ duck was $10.95 which seems cheap.  We called around looking.for duck meat and were surprised how expensive it is, so buying a roast duck at East Ocean seemed like a bargain.

We got  home in time to see Washington Week In Review.

Both Willy and Luke called to wish me a Happy Birthday and Amy also sent a Happy Birthday message by text.  I told both sons that their happiness and success are my greatest gift.  Luke was on his way to a friend’s house in Woodstock for the weekend and Willy is deeply involved in the launch of a new magazine in Dublin, so both are doing well by my estimation. 

We called Amy back to thank her for her lovely message and told her we were planning to go to the a Wine Festival at Las Golandrinas tomorrow and she and Vahl decided to meet us there, so we will see them tomorrow.

Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment