Thursday, July 23, 2015

July 22, 2015 lunch – Five Star Burger’s Fish and Chips Dinner – grilled Smoked pork chop and sweet potato and corn

July 22, 2015  lunch – Five Star Burger’s Fish and Chips  Dinner – grilled Smoked pork chop and sweet potato and corn

Rosemary and I went to Five Star Burger after her court appearance today around 3:00.  We decided to split one order of Fish and Chips and order a side order of sweet potato fries.  The fish was haddock, which really impressed me because I had not had deep fried haddock since we visited Maine two years ago.  The fish fillets were the same might flakey white meat I recalled from two years ago except they obviously had been frozen and lacked that fresh moist component.  The fresh fries were crisp and flavorful and our waiter brought us several containers of catsup for dipping them . The sweet potato fries were a bit of a disappointment because the were limp, as if they had been sitting out got a while but they were served with an interesting sweet, creamy dipping sauce like a sweet Ranch Dressing. Rosemary ordered a red ale and I ordered an unhooked Apple cider than appeared to be unfiltered an had a bitter aftertaste, which I did not like, so I sent it back and ordered a bottle of Angry Orchard Apple Cider instead and it was delicious.  I am not sure if we each were served an order or a ½ order but we were each served four large sticks of fried haddock on a bed of fried potatoes.

Neither of us could finish our plates of food and we each took containers home with fish and potatoes. 

The fish and chips was served with a small ramekin of tartare sauce and a ramekin of cold slaw.  I felt like I was back in Maine and felt like the only thing missing was Willy, who loved fish and chips so much on our trip to Maine that he ordered it everywhere we ate.

After lunch I went to Ranch Market for groceries and went a little wild.  I bought limes, Mexican squashes, green onions, celery, a red bell pepper, crema sin sal, shrimp, country style pork chops, and the item I was sent to get, smoked pork chops. 

When I returned home around 5:30 Suzette had arrived with a roasted chicken and had already eaten some chicken and half of a avocado.  

At around 6:30 Suzette began cooking.  She sliced and grilled a sweet potato, two ears of corn, and two of the smoked pork chops.  We ate the grilled dinner with the PPI green beans and Caprese salad.  The green beans and mushrooms were really delicious, having marinated overnight in the balsamic and olive oil dressing from the Caprese salad.

I finished the bottle of Gruet rose and Suzette her scotch.

We watched President Obama be interviewed by Jon Stewart.  I concurred with the President, when he said at the end of the interview, “You are doing a great thing for America.” to Jon Stewart. 

I know there are only a handful of Jon Stewart shows left, but it will be hard to top this one. Perhaps only the Dali Lama could top the President of the United States.

Bon Appetit 

Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment