Saturday, November 23, 2013

November 19, 2013 Las Cruces Radium Springs Hotel and ChaChi’s Mexican Restaurant

November 19, 2013 Las Cruces Radium Springs Hotel and ChaChi’s Mexican Restaurant

I drove to Las Cruces today so I could appear at the Lower Rio Grande Adjudication hearing at 9:00 in the morning.  Scott Boyd invited me to stay at the Radium Springs Hotel, which he is renovating for its new owner.  The Hotel dates back into the 1800’s and was originally a Harvey House stop on the railroad located next to a highly mineralized spring and the Rio Grande River, near Old Fort Selden, where the Buffalo Soldiers were stationed and right beside the Leasburg Diversion Dam, which is the subject of the litigation, so there is lots of history.   Here are some pictures.

 


 


 
After the workmen stopped working at 5:00 we drove them home and then to the small village of Dona Ana, which is a very old Spanish settlement about ten miles north of Las Cruces and to the newly opened Cha-Chi’s Mexican Restaurant at 505 Joe Gutierrez that is a second location.  Its parent restaurant is located at 2460 Locust in Las Cruces. 

 

I saw that brisket was one of the meat selections for tacos on the menu and Scott said it was good, so I ordered an Asada Salad with Romaine lettuce tomatoes, croutons and cheese and instead of Asada I asked for the brisket.

Scott ordered a N.Y. strip steak smothered in green sauce with refried beans.  Both of our dishes were great.  I ordered ranch dressing but I mostly use the sauce produced by the stewed roast beef as my flavoring for the lettuce.   The brisket is cooked for a long time until its fibers collapse and it becomes a slimy delicious mass of meat and sauce.   I nibbled a few forkfuls of Scott's refried beans and they were creamy and delicious. 

After dinner we returned to the Hotel and made a fire in the large fireplace and drank chianti reserva (Trader Joe’s $5.99).
Bon Appétit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment