Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 19, 2013 Lunch – Tacos at Pro’s Ranch Market Dinner – Grilled Brats

July 19, 2013 Lunch – Tacos at Pro’s Ranch Market  Dinner – Grilled Brats

BJ Bryan came by around noon to work on a legal matter and after we finished I asked him, “Have you ever been to Pro’s Ranch Market for lunch?”

B.J. responded, “I have never been to Pro’s Ranch Market.”

When I asked if he would like to go and have a few tacos for lunch, he enthusiastically said, “Yes.”

So we drove across the bridge to Pro’s and ordered three tacos each and the server gave us a few grilled onions and a grill jalapeño and BJ went to find and buy two Jarritos, one of guaza and one of pina and I got us two cups of ice and we had a great time adding the many different salsas and onions, lime and cilantro to our tacos and eating them.  Pro’s tacos are served in a double layer of small tortillas made fresh in its tortilleria on premises.  We ate three tacos each.  I had buche (grilled and stewed tripe), a carnitas, and a carne asado.  B.J. had a chicken, an carne asado, and a carnitas.    
After lunch we walked round the store to get a lay of the land. When I saw that there was a sale on fresh chicken quarters for $.67/lb. I bought a package of five leg quarters and then went back to the produce section and bought four red delicious apples ($.69/lb.) and four sweet potatoes ($.69/lb.) to make chicken curry.

 
I did not thaw anything for dinner, so when Suzette arrived home I suggested that we thaw and cook the three brats I had bought last week at Sprouts and eat them with the bag of Boarshead Sauerkraut ($2.49/lb.) I had also bought at Sprouts last week.  So while I went to pick up Willy at the Rail Runner, Suzette thawed the brats and started boiling them in dark German beer in a skillet.  After the beer evaporates Suzette adds butter and sautés the brats in butter until their skins turn brown.
When I returned with Willy I cubed one red delicious apple and 1/2 medium onion and ½ red bell pepper.  Suzette sautéed those ingredients in another skillet and added to them the sauerkraut.

Suzette fetched the mayonnaise, horseradish, ketchup, and mustard and put them on the lazy-susan and we got beers and piled the vegetable mixture on plates beside our brats and ate heartily.  
Bon Appétit  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment