Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 14, 2013 Spaghetti with eggplant marinara.

I had bought a bag of Roma tomatoes at Pro’s Ranch Market on Thursday (3lb. for $.99) and an eggplant at Sprouts on Wednesday for $.99 that I wanted to use, so after Suzette went to work, I started cooking.  I chopped one large onion and 10 cloves of garlic and the eggplant and sautéed them in olive oil and butter.  Then I chopped and added about eight to ten tomatoes and about ¼ cup of basil leaves and ½ lb. of diced pork tenderloin and cooked that for about four hours until Suzette returned home around 6:00 p.m.
Suzette took over and made a pot of spaghetti and cut up about ¼ lb. of fresh mozzarella and put ½ in the bottom of two pasta bowls and piled the hot spaghetti on top of  it and then spooned the spaghetti sauce on top of it and I shaved a bit of parmesan cheese on top.  I opened a bottle of 2006 reserva Chianti from Trader Joe’s and toasted 2 pieces of baguette and we had a light and lovely meal.   
 

 

 
A simple but very fresh and flavorful meal.

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment