Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 17, 2013 Scrambled Enchiladas with an egg and Cherry Clafoutis

I worked late and then went to meditate without a plan for dinner.  When I arrived home at 8:30 p.m. Suzette suggested that we fix the PPI enchiladas from Willy’s party.  I liked the idea, so I chopped 3 Tbsp. of red onion and put that into the large cast iron skillet that she had put butter into with the enchiladas.  She chopped the enchiladas up and sautéed them to heat them and I fetched eggs and went to the basement for beers.
 
When I returned I started making the clafoutis.  I measured out and sifted 7 Tbsps. of flour and 10 heaping Tbsps. of powdered confectioner’s sugar and ½ tsp. of salt and a dash of vanilla powder.  When Suzette had finished frying the eggs, I opened the beers and we ate.


After dinner I completed constructing the clafoutis by scalding 3 cups of milk and cream mixed 50/50 and stirring three eggs into the flour and sugar mixture with a wooden spoon and added the scalded milk and buttered a ceramic baking dish.  Then I poured the liquid mixture into the ceramic baking dish and added the brandied cherries.
I put the clafoutis into the oven at 350˚ on convection for 45 minutes until it started to brown and then turned off the oven and left it for another five minutes and then removed it.  I enjoyed it but the cherries I had bought at Pro’s had no sweetness s, so the dish lacked its intended flavorfulness.

The Lesson: In a dessert with fresh fruit, you cannot make up for lack of fruit flavor with sugar.
Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment