Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 16, 2013 Spaghetti with fried fish.

July 16, 2013 Spaghetti with fried fish.

In the afternoon I took a paper wrapped package from Sprouts out of the freezer that I thought contained three brats, but it turned out to contain 1.1 lb. of corvina.  I was working, so Willy and Suzette cooked dinner.  Suzette crushed panko, put it in a freezer bad with salt and pepper and a dash of roasted Spanish paprika and breaded the fish filet.

Then she sautéed the fish filet in a skillet with olive oil and butter while she re-heated the PPI eggplant marinara sauce to which I had added some chopped green olives, and microwaved the PPI spaghetti.  I went to the basement and fetched a magnum bottle of Mezzacorona 2011 Pinot Grigio (Costco $8.99?).  The back label states that “Mezzacorona only vinifies Pinot Grigio grapes of our own production cultivated in vineyards at the foot of the Dolomites.”  I liked that truthfulness.  The wine had a clean, thin taste, which would have been great with a light fish dish, such as fish and shrimp in a cream sauce.  It did not stand up to the heavy flavors of eggplant and tomatoes in the Marinara sauce for those who like wine with heft for such dishes.  I liked it a lot because as I have said before, I do not like a heavy wine that interferes with food’s flavors and this wine stood on the side and let the delicate combination of eggplant and onion and tomato flavors shine on their own.  In some ways I liked it better with the dish than the heavier Chianti that we had drunk with the spaghetti dish on Sunday.   

 
Bon Appétit
 

No comments:

Post a Comment