Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 28, 2012 Dinner – Boneless Pork Chop with Wild Rice and Asparagus

April 28, 2012 Dinner – Boneless Pork Chop with Wild Rice and Asparagus

Suzette is still out of town, so I made another super simple dinner tonight.

I thawed out one 1" thick boneless pork chop and salted it with coarse sea salt and ground pepper and sautéed it in a pan with about 1 1/2 Tbsp. of garlic infused olive oil that Eric, the chef at the Greenhouse Bistro and Bakery made for us.  I put the heat at a a relatively high temperature so the meat would sear and I kept flipping it every couple of minutes for a total of about eaght minutes of cooking time.   I undercooked the chop a bit, so the center was still pink and let it continue cook to white inside as it sat on the plate.  This kept the juices inside

I steamed about 8 stalks of asparagus and heated a pile of wild rice in the microwave oven and then plated the asparagus and when the chop was cooked placed it on the plate with the heated wild rice and drank a glass of Tempranillo/Grenache Spanish Wine with it.
Fast, hot, and delicious.

After dinner, I had another glass of wine with a couple of slices of heated whole grain bread from Costco spread with Costco’s Celebrity fig compote infused goat cheese for a lovely light cheese course after dinner.

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment