Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April 29, 2012 Dinner – Soubice pork tenders with roasted vegetables and strawberry shortcake

April 29, 2012 Dinner – Soubice pork tenders with roasted vegetables and strawberry shortcake

I went to Charles and Susan Palmers for dinner.  Charlie is experimenting with his new Soubice cooker. Tonight he cooked pork tenderloin entrecote.  I brought over turnips from the garden.  Susan had potatoes and carrots and shallots.  She and I cut these up and threw them into a casserole dish with some garlic and roasted them for about an hour. 
When the casserole was ready I removed the flat entrecote from the bags and sautéed them in butter for about one minute to heat them and flavor them and give them the appearance of having been sautéed.

Susan also made baked potatoes for Charlie and a salad with crumbed feta for us and opened a bottle of Norton Chilean Malbec Reserva that was really smooth.  It was a delicious dinner. 

After dinner we heaped some of the brandied strawberries I brought from home onto shortbreads Susan had bought and we covered them with whipped cream from a can I brought (Land O Lakes, Costco).

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment