Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 27, 2012 Lunch - La Salita; Dinner – Roast Duck and cous cous and kale

April 27, 2012 Lunch - La Salita; Dinner – Roast Duck and cous cous and kale

I went with Mike Verhagen to lunch at La Salita today and again ate my new favorite Mexican dish in Albuquerque; their Swiss Cheese filled Chili Relleno Dinner with green chili ($11.85).  The Swiss cheese melts into the green chili sauce to make a wonderful picante cheesy sauce that I eat with the refried beans and the garnish of onions, tomato and lettuce.  La Salita also has the best sopapilla I have eaten in Albuquerque in a long time.

Suzette left to celebrate her Mom‘s 85 Birthday in Pennsylvania this weekend so I am on survival rations from the PPIs in the fridge.  I heated the extra two PPI duck wings left from the roasted duck dinner on April 25, 2012 with some of the Kale and Cous Cous from the April 26th dinner. 

A great five minute meal with a glass of Tempranillo/Grenache Spanish wine and a slice of bread slathered with brie cheese afterwards.  I am starting to substitute cheese for dessert to reduce my sugar intake.

Bon Appétit  

No comments:

Post a Comment