Monday, April 23, 2012

April 21, 2012 Shopping

April 21, 2012 Shopping

Suzette was out in Tucumcari for a Health Fair so I decided to go shopping to replenish the basics.  After working for a couple of hours, I cleaned and sliced a quart container of slightly frost bitten strawberries and added some orange liquor to them and put them into the fridge to brandy. 

At about I went to Costco.  I bought flour, sugar, butter, raisins, some office supplies, French triple crème brie, an interesting Canadian goat cheese flavored with fig compote named Celebrity, my new favorite item at Costco; Whitefish Salad ($7.99), two loaves of whole grain bread, and a few other basics.  There was a fish fiesta with Salmon at $4.29/lb so I bought a 4 pound Atlantic farmed salmon and 6 large sea scallops ($13.99/lb.) After my favorite lunch of a polish dog and a Dr. Pipp at around 11:00 am,  I decided to go to Trader Joe’s to see if they had dill for gravid lax and replenish our wines.  No dill, but I bought a case of some of my favorites including two Spanish Albero rosés and two French Le Ferme Julien rosés, Italian chiantis, Spanish Montanana Viura and two French Chevalier sauternes and a cognac. I also bought a lovely basil plant.

No dill at Trader Joe's, so I drove on to Ta Lin and picked up some dill and some banh noodles and bean sprouts.  When I got home around 3:30 pm, Suzette had arrived and had already eaten so, I heated the PPI Vietnamese soup from Friday’s lunch and added some of the fresh bean sprouts and Banh noodles and had a late lunch.  Suzette had just eaten a Quesadilla. 

We then had our first ride of the year on our tandem bicycle to Montano and back. 

At around 6:00 or 7:00 when I asked Suzette if she was hungry she said no, so I heated up some of the PPI Chicken and Vegetable stir fry from Thursday evening and had a pleasant dinner with two cups of green tea. We later ate scoops of chocolate ice cream (Lowe's $2.50 a gallon) with poached pears and Hershey's chocolate sauce watching hockey.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment