Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 11, 2012 Dinner - Chicken salad

January 11, 2012  Dinner -  Chicken salad

Suzette and I worked until 8:00 p.m. I with a new client with a foreclosure issue and Suzette organizing and hosting a German wine and beer and food tasting for 60 at the Bistro.  So we were picking at leftovers.  Suzette ate leftover chicken, so I decided to make a chicken salad with available ingredients.  I opened the new plastic tub of organic greens and filled a large salad/pasta bowl with fresh salad.  Then I chopped and sprinkled on top of the lettuce: chicken breast, ¼ of a cucumber, a tomato, two slices of onion, about 1 ounce of ricotta salata cheese, about 1 ½ ounce of Bleu cheese and ½ concordia pear.  I then drizzled some Balsamic dressing given to us by Willy on it and toasted two slices of fresh whole grain bread from Costco and smeared them with creamy Saint Andre cheese. 

I dug my way through this mountain of delicious fresh salad with occasional sips of water.   A lovely light dinner after a long day of work.

I ate enchiladas again for lunch at Pro Market ($3.99 for three enchiladas and garnish and rice and beans; and requested grilled calabaza and onion) and this time they were taken from the steam table and were much better, softened with the cheese filling oozing from them.

Bon Appètit

No comments:

Post a Comment