Thursday, February 29, 2024

February 28, 2024 Lunch - Pita pocket sandwiches. Dinner - BBQ pork ribs with corn on the cob and sautéed baked potato wedges.

February 28, 2024 Lunch - Pita pocket sandwiches. Dinner - BBQ pork ribs with corn on the cob and sautéed baked potato wedges.

I finished cleaning the latest Gravad lax cure last night at 10:00, so the obvious breakfast this morning was lax on bagel.


                                The finished cure still lying in the curing medium


                            The rinsed, dried, wrapped and bagged Gravad lax


In the morning Suzette selected an Kaufman”s everything bagel that I cut into three slices and toasted and then spread with cream cheese. Suzette sliced slices of tomato and I sliced slices of yellow onion and Gravad lax.  Suzette garnished one slice and I took two and we both added capers.



Then at 1:30 I toasted two halves of a pita and stuffed each with slices of PPI cold grilled lamb, tomato, feta, and tzatziki plus several black olives 'for a tasty lunch.



At 3:00 I drove to Old Town for the monthly meeting of the Historic Old Town Property owners association.


When I returned home I was pleased that Suzette had arrived and had started the slab of pork ribs I bought at Smith’s yesterday cooking at 300 degrees.


She told me it would take 3 to 4 hours to cook, so I snacked on two slices of toasted baguette spread with herbed Boursin and a glass of red wine.


We watched the news and at 8:00 we boiled two ears of corn and I cut the two PPI baked potatoes into six wedges each and we sautéed the potato wedges in 2 T. of olive oil and 2 T. of butter until they were lightly browned on all 3 sides.



Suzette coated the ribs with BBQ sauce for the last hour of cooking.


When the ribs were almost ready we boiled the two ears of corn.



We carved a couple of ribs for each plate and buttered the warm cooked corn and opened a bottle of 2021 Embroidery Monterrey County Pinot Noir.




Another super filling dinner.


We went to bed shortly after dinner.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment