Tuesday, April 18, 2023

April 18, 2023 Lunch - Hot Pink Thai Cuisine. Dinner - Sautéed Smoked Pork Chops with string beans, raisins, and apple cubes In pomegranate wine sauce and roasted potatoes

April 18, 2023 Lunch - Hot Pink Thai Cuisine. Dinner - Sautéed Smoked Pork Chops with string beans, raisins, and apple cubes In pomegranate wine sauce and roasted potatoes


I slept badly, waking up at 3:30. I checked my portfolio and was pleased that it is moving up instead of down due mainly to Nvidia, which apparently produces a wonderful AI chip. I also pedaled two miles and went back to bed at 5:30 and slept until 7:45.


I ate granola with fruit salad, milk, and yogurt for breakfast at 9:00.


At 10:00 I pedaled about 1/2 mile until Henry arrived.


We worked until 12:00 when Henry drove me to a new to me restaurant, Hot Pink Thai Cuisine, in an unassuming strip center at the NE corner of San Pedro and Menaul.


It appears that the owner is also the waiter and the chef, which is even more impressive due to the extensive menu. I ordered Pad Thai with pork that I usually order the first time to compare to other restaurant experiences. My dish was sweet and sour rather than a fully integrated flavor and the rice noodles were not as gelatinous as I would have wished, but it was definitely a generous portion of Pad Thai with egg, mung bean sprouts, grilled pork, and green onions for a not outrageous price of $12.50..


Henry ordered Salmon curry: Salmon filet served with Pa-Nang curry sauce, Zucchini, Basil, Red and Green bell pepper for $15.50.


We both drank water.


My dish was served on a paper plate and Henry’s soup was served in a plastic bowl, which we were pre-warned about by a sign that indicated that form of service. I guess if you are waiter and cook it is impossible to also be dish washer.


After lunch Henry drove me back home and we filed and served the discovery we had worked on.


After Henry left I watched Real Madrid beat Chelsea in a EUFA match. That defeat left Chelsea with six straight defeats in all competitions for the first time in decades.  The Lampard magic does not seem to be working.


Suzette arrived around 4:00. I then checked my Portfolio and was pleased that I had a small gain today, thanks again to Apple and Nvidia, with help from AirBNB, and Boeing.


I watched Ari for a bit and at 5:30 we started cooking.


Suzette wanted to cook the smoked pork cutlets that we bought a week ago.  I suggested sautéing them with raisins and Suzette suggested apple and I suggested the addition of Pomegranate wine to make a light sauce. That was our mutually agreed upon recipe.






We decided to cook the remaining 1/4 lb. of green beans and so we snapped them and added them to the skillet with 1/2 onion cut into strips and the chops, raisins, and apple chunks. The result was delicious.  


We skillet seared the PPI roasted potatoes which we added fresh chopped mint to, which was unnecessary because they had been roasted with rosemary that strongly flavored them.  So the mint, confused the flavor rather than enhanced the potatoes’ flavor.


We drank Herman Weimar 2022 Rose with the meal.


After dinner we ate a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup, maraschino cherries, and whipped cream.



It looks like Clarence Thomas has been taking undisclosed payments from a defunct real estate company, which was the thing that precipitated the resignation of Abe Fortas in 1969. So Thomas’ ethical issues are compounding.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment