Wednesday, April 12, 2023

April 12, 2023 Lunch - Chili Relleno Plate at El Super Dinner - Jerusalem Salad with broiled Mackerel Filet

April 12, 2023  Lunch - Chili Relleno Plate at El Super  Dinner - Jerusalem Salad with broiled Mackerel Filet


I awakened at 7:30 and watched the news until 8:00 when Suzette said she was going out to the garden to prune.  I followed her shortly thereafter and pruned several rose bushes until around 9:15 when I got hungry.

I ate a bowl of granola with milk, blueberries and yogurt.


At 10:00 Henry came and we worked on discovery. We were both fading by 11:30 so I made us Vietnamese iced coffees.


Then at 12:45 we drove to El Super for lunch.  We both ordered Chili Relleno plates, mine with double refried beans and flour tortillas and Henry’s with rice and refried beans and corn tortillas.  Unfortunately, today the chili rellenos were old and the cheese filling had solidified instead of remaining creamy.


There was also a fresh pot of refried beans that was runny instead of creamy. Henry also ordered a bowl of chicken mole. Henry had a cup of horchata and I took a Coca-cola. We added cilantro and chopped onions to our dishes. I cut my Relleno in half and made two burritos with lettuce, onion, cilantro, and refried beans.


Henry ate his with his fingers with corn tortillas filled with refried beans and rice.


I finished before Henry and went shopping for produce.  I bought mangoes, limes, onions, zucchinis, carrots, celery, oranges, tangerines, Fuji apples, a Pasilla chili, green beans, romaine lettuce, and lemons.


We drove home around 3:00 and worked until almost 4:30 when Henry left and I meditated until 5:00.


Suzette was not feeling well so we rested until almost 7:00.  


Dinner - We prepared a simple but elegant dinner.  We added additional baby spinach leaves to the Jerusalem salad of dates marinated in vinegar and olive oil,




red onion, walnuts, spinach, and pita chips tossed with sumac.


We opened a bottle of Palintir French Sauvignon Blanc.


I fileted the Norwegian Mackerel I bought at Talin yesterday and Suzette drizzled the filets with orange flavored olive oil, salt, and ground tImut (Nepalese peppercorns).and broiled the filets in the oven for ten minutes.


The result was wonderful broiled fish filet on an amazing salad.


Low cal and delicious.


Suzette went to bed at 9:00 and I stayed up to watch an episode of the American Experience on the life and achievements of Norman Borlaug, arguably the greatest American agronomist.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment