Tuesday, April 11, 2023

April 11, 2023 Lunch - Vietnam 2000. Dinner - Grilled Halibut, rice, and steamed Sugar Snap Peas

 April 11, 2023 Lunch - Vietnam 2000. Dinner - Grilled Halibut, rice, and steamed Sugar Snap Peas


I ate 2 slices of bagel with cream cheese, lax, red onion, and cornichons for breakfast.




Then I worked until 12:30 when I drove to the bank and then Vietnam 2000 and ordered No. 30, fried egg rolls and grilled pork on a bed of rice vermicelli on a bed of sliced cucumbers, mung bean sprouts, and lettuce served with a fish sauce sweetened with sugar and spiced with red chili flakes.


The dish is my favorite summer dish and it was perfect because the temperature rose to 81 degrees today.


After lunch I visited a client and then went shopping at Talin Market.  I bought soft tofu, red miso, sweet pickled ginger, a Norwegian Mackerel, a 1 1/2 lb. Halibut steak, Vietnamese rice vermicelli, egg noodles, hoisin sauce, baby eggplants, beech mushrooms, and sugar snap peas.


I was amazed that the fresh Alaskan halibut cost only $8.99/lb. It cost $21.99 at Costco last time I shopped there.


After I returned home and put up the groceries, i notified Willy that we would be eating halibut instead of turkey mole, then road a mile on the stationary bike, and rested up until Suzette came home at 5:00.


We decided to push my walking limit to make sure I could walk through an airport, so at 5:30 we walked .8 miles to the country club and back, which is about twice as far as I have previously walked since the operation.


When we returned home I made 1 1/2 cups of rice and snapped some sugar snap peas.  Suzette put the halibut into a fish rack and seasoned it with lemon and butter.


She also fetched a bottle of Vara 2020 Viura, which I liked very much.  It had a light fruity fresh taste.


We had to cook the rice and halibut longer than we I initially thought to cook them thoroughly, but soon Suzette was able to plate dinner and we ate at the table in the gazebo. 






After dinner Willy left to exercise and we sat in the warm evening air and finished the bottle of wine.


We then watched the news and Suzette went to bed at 9:00.


I stayed up to drink a cup of tea and blog and went to bed at 11:30.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment