Friday, August 9, 2019

August 8, 2019 Lunch – PPI Chirashi. Dinner – New Recipe, Caprese Hamburger with PPI Pasta and Asparagus

August 8, 2019 Lunch – PPI Chirashi. Dinner – New Recipe, Caprese Hamburger with PPI Pasta and Asparagus

Today was a combination of interesting work and interesting food.  I ate a bowl of granola with milk, mango yogurt, and diced fresh ½ mango for breakfast.

Then for lunch I ate the PPI 1\2 of yesterday’s Chirashi from my lunch at Azuma.  I liked it better today because I could sit and sip green tea at my leisure as I dipped pieces of fish and octopus draped with large pieces of pickled ginger into a bowl of soy sauce mixed with the still fresh soft wasabi.  Heaven!



From 2:00 until 4:45 I prepared and filed a pleading in my new water case.

Then I picked up Suzette’s bike at the Bike Coop.

At 6:00 Suzette came home.  I drove to meditation, but was late and missed it I think.  When I returned home at 6:40 Suzette had created and prepared a new dish.  Instead of serving a grilled hamburger on a bun Suzette served it open faced on a Caprese salad.

Caprese Hamburger

What Suzette did was to grill a hamburger and while the burger cooked she made a Caprese salad by slicing a thick slice of one of the large beefsteak tomatoes grown in the organic garden at the Center for Ageless Living, which she lay on the serving plate and garnished with fresh basil leaves from the
garden, and a slice of fresh mozzarella.  When the hamburgers were cooked she lay the hamburger on the Caprese salad base and added another thin slice of mozzarella.  Voila, a new dish was created.

We served the dinner with the PPI crab dressing I made last week with mayonnaise, minced shallots soaked in fresh lemon juice and a bit of catsup and tartare sauce. The dish is a bit unstable because of the softness of the fresh tomato slice base, so the thick hamburger tended to crumble into the other ingredients when cut.  The easiest way to eat the dish for me was to cut the hamburger and a piece of tomato and cheese and basil and gather the bits of ingredients that I wanted on a fork and dip the fork in the puddle of sauce I spooned onto my plate.  In this manner, the tomato pulp and juice combined with the crab sauce to make a very pleasing dressing for the hamburger and other ingredients.

Suzette heated the small container of PPI pasta and asparagus in the fridge, so I had a bit of carbs with my dinner.


I poured glasses of Auquino Reserva Chianti from the partially drunk bottle (Trader Joe’s $5.99).  Chianti was the perfect wine for this dinner that combined all those wonderful Italian ingredients with some beef.

After the meal when we discussed the dish I mentioned the lack of a slice of red onion to complete the Caprese salad.  On second though I would sauté the onion slice to cook it.

Had we stopped eating after that point it would have been a perfect meal but we both later ate bowls of ice cream as we watched “The Durrell’s in Corfu” on PBS’ Masterpiece Theater for a sort of dinner and a movie evening.  The Durrell’s in Corfu is our favorite Masterpiece Theater series ever.

At the end of the second episode at 10:00 we went to bed.

I almost forgot to mention that today the Market surged 371 points on the Dow and my portfolio had its best daily gain of the year. And I did not get to enjoy it and cheer it on because I was working.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment